Rossi's brake/clutch levers - anyone seen these available??

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
mattlefler
Regular Poster

Rossi's brake/clutch levers - anyone seen these available??

Post by mattlefler »

Im looking for the super trick machined out levers that Rossi's M1 has. Has anyone seen anything available other than the CRG's and Pazzo's??

Thanks,

Matt

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

post a photo so i can see what they look like, then i'll tell ya what i know.
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

mattlefler
Regular Poster

pic

Post by mattlefler »

Ive seen other closeups as well..cant seem to find them

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

Matt wrote:Im looking for the super trick machined out levers that Rossi's M1 has
I have not looked for any but they are common among pro roadracers. The machined out section allows the tip of the brake/clutch lever to break off in a crash rather than the entire lever. This leaves enough of the lever remaining so it is still usable after the crash.

Don

mattlefler
Regular Poster

levers

Post by mattlefler »

I know that the CRG levers have the notching on the back so that they shear..I was just looking for some really trick levers that no one else has, or at least are different from the CRG/Pazzo sets. Thank you for the response!!

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

well, first off those levers are on brembos billet radial master cylinders. i have a set of those masters for my project bike. the lever is quite a bit different from standard in-line masters. i know crg is now making levers for the new OEM style of radial master cylinders, but i don't think they make anything for the race versions.

a few aftermarket companies like lightech, brembo, and febur make breakaway levers for the race components.

you could clamp an old lever in a drill press vice that has x,y,z movements and machine your own slots. couldn't be that difficult.
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100