JustOnaSideNote

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

JustOnaSideNote

Post by sickle44 »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you all an informative heads up, just in-case you live out east and were thinking of doing business with this clown.

After much searching for a company that mandrel bends stainless 304 for exhaust systems, I finally found a place out in Montreal called Rawtek. At first, it was very easy to deal with the company and I was quite impressed. Notice I said, at first. Suffice to say, I don't think I want to do deal with anymore long term services for things, as being so far away, after waiting for several months and having spent 2K, a company can just decide to not honour anything it's said it was going to do and end screwing you completely. I did still get something for my money, albeit FOUR friggen months later but.....

Anyways, DO NOT deal with a company named RawTek out of Montreal or you will be headed for trouble. http://www.rawtekinc.com/Products.html
You'lll Be soooooorrrryyy.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

the amount of crappy businesses that continue to stay in business makes me very sad. thanks for the update sickle.
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

No worries,

Yeah, It's really quite a shame that after patiently waiting about 5 months for a set of V12 headers for a BMW 850i, the guy ended up saying, your not getting headers, I don't give a shit. What was my part? After him breaking yet another time deadline having paid $2000 without having anything but pics to show for it, all I said, was sorry but right now your apology doesn't mean much to me right now as you've used it so many times, I beginning to think you don't know the true meaning. I mean, I had waaaay more reason to NOT trust this clown, and literally, take him to the cleaners. I finally got the first bit of product paid for in December, called him back a week after I received them and said, OK how bought the headers now, and the prick just basically told me to pound sand. I'd still like to fly down there to pay my regards to the little friggen weasel!!!
Michael

Peppa2
Veteran Poster

Post by Peppa2 »

if i was you id go down to the clown for some close and personal attension and see how he would react to it :poke
1990 FZR 1000..Image
COFFE FOR ALL THE LAZY ONES.
zzzzZzZZzzZzzzZzz

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

believe me Peppa,

I'd do so if I could afford the $500 flight down to Montreal.
Michael

Peppa2
Veteran Poster

Post by Peppa2 »

lets all chip in with a buck or 2 if you put up pics :banana
1990 FZR 1000..Image
COFFE FOR ALL THE LAZY ONES.
zzzzZzZZzzZzzzZzz

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

You want Pics of the exhaust?

Hell they're already up! You've got to go scrolling down that post a ways though, pics are on the first page.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh ... ?t=1329884

These are what the NARLY ASS headers look like, well, another guys set looks like anyways. Now I've got Stebro giving me a quote too hopefully.

http://www.engl-production.de/2_ENGLISC ... age-UK.htm

There's quite a nice pic on that page, BUT to see the headers, just click the "EXHAUST" tab in the left column.
Michael

rush1
Veteran Poster

Post by rush1 »

Sorry to hear about the guy shoveling it you Sickle. I must be either old or old fashion because when people come to me for help or fix I will usually go over and beyond to get it done. It's my job and I would think my reputation is on the line. I would be happy to donate $$ for you to fly down and maybe straighten this jacka$$ out on the better way to do business.
:bfg