Brotherhood Gathering Summer 2007?

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!

Woul you go to a Brotherhood Gathering in the SE USA?

Yes?
33%
No?
15%
Would Like To?
44%
Need More Info?
7%

Total votes: 27

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Sorry guy's..... I'm going to have to pass on the gathering this year.

Personally, I didn't put a huge amount of effort into this like I should have, but the way I see it, time is running out on the season as far as planning an event like this. Commitments need to be made at this time, not planning. People need to have enough time to plan out their time off from work (those of us that do), as well as family commitments.

Family commitments have pushed me in this direction this time, but I'm already looking forward to next year, something possibly in the early summer (Late May/Early June).

What I'd like to see is this..... a weekend TrackDay Event @ VIR or @ Barber. Whoever does their trackdays is who we need to get in touch with. I know that Kontoboy has all of the contacts I'll need over at VIR (thanks Konto), I'll just have to do more research for Barber (Taladega is close too).

Sorry everyone for bailing like this, but it's a free trip to see my M&D, Brother, and Neice.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

ok, i just caught up reading this thread after being off and on the board the past two weeks.

i was afraid this might happen, but i understand how it goes.

i think if there's still interest, an less organized/formal meeting can be made this year. it's just now may, so who knows.

how about we keep this thread going with who is doing what and where?
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

I didn't say the gathering was off, just that I wouldn't be able to make it this year. Vacation is a rare commodity that I don't often see, and more rare that I get free plane tix across the country.

I still want to keep a positive out looks for one this year, but again, I'm not going to be able to make it. Given additional time like this, I'm more apt to be a little more diligent in my quest to make it happen, but don't hold me too that... lol

RUFtech
Veteran Poster

Post by RUFtech »

FZRDude wrote:I didn't say the gathering was off
Your last post made it sound like the gathering was off. But that was just the way I read it. I understand about getting a chance for a vacation like that. They come few and far between. I'm sure a gathering will happen for you in the future.
Bob
'97 YZF750R (sold)
'87 Porsche 944 Turbo
'04 GTO
If you haven't seen god your not going fast enough

vinsanity69
Veteran Poster

Post by vinsanity69 »

Ok,i understood that it was off...my bad...didn't mean to jump to conclusions.

Who is taking the helm on organizing the meet then?
89 fzr 1000 dragbike
94 foxeye street bike

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

FZRDude wrote:I didn't say the gathering was off, just that I wouldn't be able to make it this year. Vacation is a rare commodity that I don't often see, and more rare that I get free plane tix across the country.
So where ya headin' ? Barber in October ought to be nice !

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Home to spend some time with the Folks and some friends that I haven't seen in 10 years..

BadAzzFZR93
Veteran Poster

Post by BadAzzFZR93 »

So I've been away for a while and after reading this I'm full of questions, like has there been a set time and location for the event? Is it going to be a track day or are we just going to watch a race? Is there a fair amount of us going? Sorry for all the questions but I'm just trying to get all my ducks in a row before the time is upon us, because as we mentioned before planning a vacation around work, wife and a two year old can be a little tricky. Thanx guys I really look forward to this happening. :cool
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

YZFRob wrote:Forgot to mention in the Email Tim....

How about Blackhawk Farms in northern IL? A number of trackdays there, CCS racing and spectators can camp on site. Even during teh CCS events (5 a year) theres plenty of space for camping (assuming thers not gonna be THOUSANDS of YZFs showing up :P )
That would only be about a 2-3 hour ride for me, so I could easily do that. I know there's a track up in Michigan that isn't too far away either, but think that would be a bit out of the way for most people in the midwest. If you know of any events coming up lemme know Rob.

Btw, Rob...gonna shoot you a pm about what part of WI you're in. Tinkering around with the idea of making a road trip up your way.
Nate
1987 FZR1000 (Still with fairings!)
2003 Bandit 1200S (It didn't come with fairings!)
Image Image