Rag doll down

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

Actually I've thought about the accident a lot and I can't think of anything I would have done differently. Here in Tennessee we have those tread-like noise makers that run along the side of the road for people that run off. The tire didn't completely loose its bead until I hit that. I didn't hit any brakes as either front or rear would have loaded weight onto the front tire. I just let it slow down normally using engine braking and concentrated on keeping the fork straight. Perhaps a more seasoned vet would have handled it differently but all in all I think I did pretty well.

straygator
Veteran Poster

Post by straygator »

I drive a truck and check every tire before every drive ... think I'll start doing the same with the bike !!!

UnFazed
Regular Poster

Post by UnFazed »

Not sure if I want to know how fast you were going if you were down to about 70 mph before the bead came off...... Body doesn't look badly damaged, I was expecting worse.

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

Now you really don't want me to put that in writing do you ? :poke

I was just as surprised by the minimal damage. Heck, on a percentage basis I had more rash than the bike !