Is it just me?

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Is it just me?

Post by kiwi60 »

Is it just me, or does the forum seem to be turning into an ANZAC yamaha site, apart from 2 or 3 other posters, it seems like everyone north of the equator has gone into hibernation over the winter :?:
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

I'm skiing all this week with my brother who's visiting for the first time in 12 years.....
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Well, that's one of the 3 northern hemisphere guys checking in - I wasn't including you in the MIA list dude, but where has everybody else gone?????

Helloooooooooo is there anybody out there
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD

davemfox2
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by davemfox2 »

I'm here, but have you seen the weather in the UK???

:banana

Dave
1993 YZF 750 SP with Yoshimura half system
RG400
GSXR 1100WT

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

I'm here, but have you seen the weather in the UK???
Nah, that's just a frosty morning down this way :poke

Seriously - that's really bad stuff your getting there - all the more reason to spend time on here though :)
Last edited by kiwi60 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2005 SV996R SOLD

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Think you may have your quotes out of wack Kiwi. :poke

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Dude,
I've been here, and its on, thank the Lord, a few occassions that the little bit of red goes down to -40C. Right now it's a balmy 0degrees but we've still got to get through Feb, March, and sometimes even April is still giving winter conditions. Snow has stayed on the ground in this country sometimes right up until June. That's on the very rare occassion but...... usually it's gone by March/April.

There was a where is everybody thread going around some time ago and same thing, hardly any response then. There have been a whole lot of sales going on from previous poster/owners too. Of course there's also our good old trusty friend, worldwide economic disaster playing out in the sand box still and that prick's a real bully and won't let any of the other kids play in the playground either. Lot a people on hard times I imagine and I'm one of them, that's for sure, but I still have my computer.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

i drop in on the odd occasion, like almost every day

i live my riding now through you lot, it's beem seven months now and i havn't ridden a motorcycle, havn't even put my head in a local bike shop, you know, just to have a sniff around

but the weather here, Hervey Bay: 21-31 fine with the chance of possible late showers. it's like that every day

Stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

Fatdog
Regular Poster

Post by Fatdog »

Another one checking in from the UK!
Just a lazy git is my excuse :|
Must try harder in 2010 :banana
Exup - Knee down
93 YZF750R

rgvlc
Veteran Poster

Post by rgvlc »

Another one here from the UK. Were still here its just we cant be arsed saying anything cos you Anzacs have all the best bikes and weather (i mean 3 OWO1's in the same garage!!!!!!! We cant compete with that.) BTW Happy new year to you all where-ever you may be in the world.

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Think you may have your quotes out of wack Kiwi.
Unfortunatly it's not the quotes out of wack - it's the bloke doing the quoting :P

2005 SV996R SOLD

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Were still here its just we cant be arsed saying anything cos you Anzacs have all the best bikes and weather (i mean 3 OWO1's in the same garage!!!!!!! We cant compete with that.)
Don't bother competing, just come on down and join the party like your ancestor did - there's nothing like a heat wave and fire warnings - yep - were in drought season here in NZ.
but the weather here, Hervey Bay: 21-31 fine with the chance of possible late showers. it's like that every day
Now that sounds like perfect weather

Have checked the quotes spook, seems to be ok this time ;)

2005 SV996R SOLD

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

checking in from just north of boston,ma !
I'm still kicking!
been cold around here lately 14F
been doin all I can to feed the wood stove and pellet stove - okay less work for the pellet stove
that and three kids keep me hopping about
and work is always stressful

on a positive note I did reconfig the boards domain names back to the way they were :)

www.fzr1000exup.com
www.exupbrotherhoodforum.com
www.exupbrotherhood.co.uk
www.yzf750.org
...now all point right back here as they should

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

i am here. sickle mentioned an earlier post, that was one i started. i have some good plans for the site, but things are a bit shitty right now so updates/changes/upgrades are playing second fiddle.

i check in almost every other day. we do seem to have lost some usual suspects...

i'll admit, i have almost been tempted to sell the bike a few times along with all the kit parts i have, but just as the thought enters my mind it races back out.

the adventure travel bug has been biting hard though...i need to escape for a few months and recharge/wait out the economic climate.
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

ace of spades
Veteran Poster

Post by ace of spades »

:rock

Hi I'm here as well, just not too active , but still roaming in every now and then. Got me wedding planned the 6th of Feb!!!! :banana

Bike is (almost) taking a back seat at the moment

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

RGVLC wrote: its just we cant be arsed saying anything cos you Anzacs have all the best bikes
Sorry, not to be a pain, but what the hell did you just say here? And what does Anzacs mean? Australia, New Zealand, ????...... ????? is that it? but then what's the acs stand for?
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

davemfox2
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by davemfox2 »

sickle44 wrote:
RGVLC wrote: its just we cant be arsed saying anything cos you Anzacs have all the best bikes
Sorry, not to be a pain, but what the hell did you just say here? And what does Anzacs mean? Australia, New Zealand, ????...... ????? is that it? but then what's the acs stand for?
Check this link out and it'll give you all the info :cool

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian ... Army_Corps

Dave
RG400
GSXR 1100WT

davemfox2
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by davemfox2 »

rgvlc wrote:Another one here from the UK. Were still here its just we cant be arsed saying anything cos you Anzacs have all the best bikes and weather (i mean 3 OWO1's in the same garage!!!!!!! We cant compete with that.) BTW Happy new year to you all where-ever you may be in the world.
I think you'll find there are a few of us UK ones with a similar set-up ;)

Dave
RG400
GSXR 1100WT

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

That's a good link davefox2, it explains the origins well.

When it comes to sport, I support the All Blacks, or anyone else whose playing the Aussies , but when it comes to standing by our neighbours (no - not the program), there is no hesitation on either side of the Tasman Sea.

In case you didn't know, New Zealand has three islands: The North Island, The South Island and the West Island :poke

2005 SV996R SOLD

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

kiwi60 wrote:In case you didn't know, New Zealand has three islands: The North Island, The South Island and the West Island :poke
That's cos Aussie has one more state than is listed in the books :poke :P
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"