Is it just me?

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

That's cos Aussie has one more state than is listed in the books poke poke Razz
Not bad, not bad at all :good

but I think it might be because of all the imports you got from our end moving your way, Bondi is our third largest city of Kiwi's :)
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

I thought that's what it might have meant as I did do an acronym search, guess one needs to live over their to really understand it and it's origins.
In truth I was really referring more to the actual whole phrase as well,

its just we cant be arsed saying anything cos you Anzacs have all the best bikes

I'm not sure what the meaning of the slang, "arsed," means. It seems that by context "caught" could be synomic but then still, what does that mean really?
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

I'm not sure what the meaning of the slang, "arsed," means. It seems that by context "caught" could be synomic but then still, what does that mean really?
Basically it means I can't be bothered, which could be for a variety of reasons such as being stuck in snow drifts, of the morning after a heavy nights drinking, just feeling down etc etc
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD

kev123
Veteran Poster

Post by kev123 »

i am still here, just got abit interested in mx bikes, i got a kx250f! my mate has just built a bike, w.s.b yzf750 chassis and w.s.b 750 engine let you no more in due course! :banana

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

i am still here, just got abit interested in mx bikes, i got a kx250f! my mate has just built a bike, w.s.b yzf750 chassis and w.s.b 750 engine let you no more in due course!
Wow, now that's worth having its own thread kev

2005 SV996R SOLD

rush1
Veteran Poster

Post by rush1 »

Agree with sickle44, the way the economy is right now I have been really watching what I need to spend money on. The wife can't find a job-- hell my daughters can't find a job, and I've really had have some bad luck with my cars lately. So my time is spent trying to get things fixed and still stay above the water.
Now that rain has started up here in the northwest, the most I do with my bikes is look at them sitting in the garage. ':hissy'
:bfg

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

Still floating around. Bikes up to near 90K miles.

Alot of boards are real slow now. Boards that were extremely active are down big time.

BTW I always view New Zealand as the red headed step child to Aus. :poke :P
YZFRob

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

BTW I always view New Zealand as the red headed step child to Aus.
That's ok Rob, we view you in the same way :) :poke

2005 SV996R SOLD

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

kiwi60 wrote:
BTW I always view New Zealand as the red headed step child to Aus.
That's ok Rob, we view you in the same way :) :poke

Just finding ways to get 500 posts. :hijack :)

Weather up here is driving me nuts. Snow snow and more snow. Although we are having a warm spell (1-2C). Much better than the 2 weeks of -10C and colder for a HIGH. Have to work on the truck this weekend IF my new muffler comes in. No heat in the truck either (core is leaking again). Put a new radio in it after the 8 yr old one died tuesday night.

Abotu a nromal winter here.
YZFRob

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

So is that where all the gingers come from? Anyone see 'that' SouthPark episode? lol.

So what brand of radio you installing Rob? (Just trying to help with the big 500 :))

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Holy Crap there Rob,

-10C as a high??? You should be so lucky. Although right now we've been getting really gourgeous weather with even 6 above for a high, but a while back we were grid locked down to -40C, with highs of -29, without wind chill. Bleeaaccchy

Really, I'm just trying to help you get your big 5, that's all. (Oops, I hadn't even read spooks post and wrote the same damned thing, so no, no plagerizm here, honest)
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

Put another Kenwood in. Unfortunately theres no Kenwood dealer around here that carries the Excelon line (which my old one was). Got a mid level HU. Freaking silly as controls. 4 buttons and 2 stalks control the whole thing. No preset buttons. Not the best layout IMO.

Nice thing with Kenwood, the power plug is the same from 1995 to current. Didnt have to change wires. Just pull the old one out, plug the RCA's, changer wire, antenna and power plug back in and slide it back. Finished in under 10 min.

Then again I lost count how many stereos systems I've installed at my former job. The place I used to work made special suburbans for Sony to be sold through Niemann Marcus in 1998. I installed every single one of the audio/video in these. Real PITA having to wire them up the way Sony's engineers wanted them wired. Even the guy from Sony who came down to show me how they want these wired said the engineers are idiots. Showed me how they wanted it, then showed me how to fix it after it comes back with a radio problem (and every one did). Eventually we did our own similar package for our normal conversions, but I wired them up right the first time. None came back with av issues.
YZFRob