Cable clutch.

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
rgvlc
Veteran Poster

Cable clutch.

Post by rgvlc »

Well guys this could open up a bit of a debate ;) but as we know the cable clutch that was on ebay sold for a good price. I hope it was to someone on here, But there is a strong demand for these so why will nobody offer one up as a pattern to have replicas made????. IS IT BECAUSE OWNERS WANT TO PRESERVE THE RARITY VALUE :poke I had a YEC one and sold it to another member for what I paid for it so I cant help. I wish now I hadnt sold it so we could get some copied. It would be great if we could.

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

More likely due to it be not a highly sought after item. Especially on a bike that hasnt been made in over 10 yrs in small quanitites to boot.

And if someone copies another companies designs and starts selling them , it opens up a whole new can of worms with patent infringements.
YZFRob

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

I think patents unless renewed last for 10years. This gives manufactures time to establish there design in the local market, without the risk of having their intellectual property copied and placed into market competition.

It's doubtful that the concept of a cable clutch, could be patented anyway, if anything it is probably more a registered design, in which case only small changes would have to be made.

Due to the fact that product is no longer made or offered, and it is well over ten years on, it is doubtful there is anything stopping those who wish to advance a design to the market.

If there was enough interest attack might do a group run? personally I like the oem hydraulic items, especially when I think about grinding one away at the track :)

MsHap
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by MsHap »

u guys r always so excited about cable clutches. I love hydraulic: No calble 2 brake easier 4 me 2 hold and use in traffic and if it is not (like my duc's) U can buy other parts like diff diameter slaves and larger piston mains and fix it.

I had a ZZR back home when i wuz little and that clutch cable would break on the way 2 a final or when i wuz in the worste area imaginable at the worste time.
My Name is Chrissy
This is Jello

"A total lack of self peservation is good for about another 30HP" Confusious

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

I like the oem hydraulic items, especially when I think about grinding one away at the track
I can attest from personal experience that they don't get ground away when you toss it on it's LHS at high speed... ;)

I've always found the take up point more predictable with a cable clutch and I'm really only concerned about getting it off the start line quickly, other wise I'm only using it on down shifts.

My SV1000 still has the hydraulic, which is fine for the road.
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Always been fine with hydraulic clutch, in fact I prefer it myself. I've got a zx-14 radial master to graft on to Frank for his new motor/frame and new to me everything else.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin