clutch questions

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
rush1
Veteran Poster

clutch questions

Post by rush1 »

Now that I have time I'm finally getting my clutch back together. One question is according to the service manual there is a push rod #2 and a ball bearing that look's like it holds the push rod #1, bearing and washer against the pressure plate. I know that when I took it apart neither push rod #2 or the ball bearing were there. Just to be sure that neither one had fallen when I pulled the side cover off and fell into the case I looked with a mirror and flashlight but could not see anything laying down inside. Is it possible for whoever changed the clutch last time forget to have this push rod and ball bearing left out of the bike and the bike still run with no problems or is the book wrong? If anyone has this service manual and wants to looked at what I'm seeing it's on page 4-73 and 4-74.
:bfg

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

The rod and ball should in their proper place. It goes across the engine from the slave cyl to the basket. When doing either the slave cyl or the clutch basket there shouldn't be any reason to remove them.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

rush1
Veteran Poster

Post by rush1 »

Thanks Tim. That would explain why they are showing the slave cylinder in the diagram.

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

The rod jumps out with oil pressure when you start the bike if you forget that you have the slave cylinder off. not that it's happened to me, more than twice, ok, three times. :oops:

rush1
Veteran Poster

Post by rush1 »

I will keep that in mind. Thanks John