LittleBitSalesHelp???

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

LittleBitSalesHelp???

Post by sickle44 »

Hey fellas

Looking like I might finally be able to unload my FZ-1, although, it seems I may only be trading for a same year with similar km's R6, so I'm calling on you fellows to maybe lend me a hand so I know how much I should ask for my FZ-1 plus some cash for me with trade of his R6.

Condition of both machines is as follows.

FZ-1 has an R title
Was returned to show room condition decals, badges, and all. Paint job was my first bike, not 100% imo but most dudes would be lookin' for a while to find stuff. The clear coat shines might shiney.
Then some little shits decided to kick it over as well as knock the mirror of our car completely right back over of course which doesn't affect the bike.
Currently Bike was in previous condition although now has some fairing cracks around the signal light, and mirror stocks, not too bad though, signals still holding and I drive it like it is. Nothing missing from fairing and still shaped as it once was.
Both levers were replaced with the nice feelings adjuster ones.
small scratch on the pipe
(few for sale)
Myself I just need it in as stock condition as that what sells and I won't really be riding this thing that much not to mention, I STILL have to sell a machine, which hopefully would be easier to sell but then again, there's a shit load of them and no-ones buyin' SFA right now

R6 has clean title
scratches and cracks on both sides of the fairings.
shitty LED signal lights
Pipe looks like OZZY barfed the blackest tape Bat all over it
Guy says it'll look showroom condition but it was previously being driven as a streetfighter and from the few pics I've seen, it looks ratted out, the pipe's always a good sign for me as to how a dude cares for his machine, you know, and truly it looks like hell. At least from what I've seen.
Don't know anymore about shape of fairings.
(There are a slew of these for sale)

Anyone know retail prices for these machines in 03 CAD funds if possible, I thought it was 12.5 for the FZ-1 and 9.5/10 for the R6

Myself I think I should be at least seeing $500 which he's already agreed too but, I figure I should get more like $750/$1000. Am I being a greedy shit or am I being fair.

Ultimately it's still me who's gotta settle for it, yes I know, what would you do though and No you can't say, Keep the FZ-1 and to Hell with the R6, just play along nice now please, would yuh???
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Kelly Blue Book (a buyer/sellers vehicle guide) lists the following:

"This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition...."
2003 FZ-1 = $4065 USD (CAD $4260)
2003 YZFR6 = $3955 USD (CAD $4145)
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

97YZF1000
Veteran Poster

Post by 97YZF1000 »

FZRDude wrote:Kelly Blue Book (a buyer/sellers vehicle guide) lists the following:

"This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition...."
2003 FZ-1 = $4065 USD (CAD $4260)
2003 YZFR6 = $3955 USD (CAD $4145)
I'm not sure that it's as simple as that Tim. Those prices would be valid in the US, but just converting them over to CAD currency doesn't accurately reflect the prices in Canada for those bikes.

Mike, personally I would just keep the FZ1 and try to sell it on your own. That R6 sounds like it has been through hell and may end up needing quite a bit of money to get back to decent shape.
97 YZF1000 (Thunderace)
06 FZ1-S

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

I've just got the pics of it now and it appears that every bit of plastic save the upper fairing and the fender are scratched or have some bit of road rash on them. If the guy doesn't want to go for a $1000, I think I'm just going to back out, whether or not I've got an R title or not! Scratched and cracked plastics all the way around pretty much equal an R anyways in my books. Not to mention the pipe that looks like Hell.

Thanks for the Blue back value Tim.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin