The Thread None of us Want to Post!

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

The Thread None of us Want to Post!

Post by sickle44 »

Arriving back from Holidays my Brother in Law learned that a good friend of his, 55years of age, has passed on a M/C

He was a very seasoned rider, prodded my BiL to the track, and spent much time there himself with an R6 track bike. Apparently went into a 40km an hour corner too hot and just drove straight off an 800ft precipice, is the PoPo's take on it. All the friends think NOWAY, had to be something medical, mechanical failure, etc.

Please pray for his older daughter and he was divorced. Hit Eric pretty good as I'm sure it would hit any of us.

Stay safe guys, I don't want to have to pray for your families that way, not that I don't mind the prayin' just that...
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Sorry to hear of the loss of a dear friend Mike. My prayers will good to his family.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Sorry to hear about your brother in laws friend. There could be many reasons that will never be now known, that caused him to go off the edge. 800 ft... Wow.

haunter
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by haunter »

RIP sorry to hear that sickle :(
88 FZR 1000 - SuperTrap, K&N, FP kit - sold
90 FZR 1000 - 1040, Ohlins, 91 USD's...some other stuff - sold

93 FZR 600 - rat/cafe/POS/Trackbike Project
03 SV1000S - bye bye
06 R6 50th Anniversary - slip on, PCIII, race rails

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

thanks Doug,

Appreciate it.
Michael

RocknFZR1000
Veteran Poster

Post by RocknFZR1000 »

sorry for the loss of a dear friend our prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends...
Thanks,
Frank
RocknFZR1000

My other toys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r2kaUByDqM
http://cardomain.com/id/RocknZ28

If you think about it, It's Already To
Late!!! "FZR1000 in Your Face"

rush1
Veteran Poster

Post by rush1 »

Sorry to hear your brother-in-laws loss. My prays are with his family.
:bfg

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

My sympathies for his loss.

It's tough no matter how it happened, but yes some MC-related deaths get chalked up to the MC when maybe that's not always the case.
A friend of mine witnessed one, where a rider in his group missed a turn and hit a tree. According to him and the other witnesses, it was a massive heart attack and the rider had passed away before even reaching the corner. He works in a hospital operating theater doing the drugs for the open heart surgery stuff, so he would know.
As an engineer, I estimate that in a lot of MC crashes there is not a lot of bike left to investigate for mechanical causes either.
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Sorry to hear of your BiL's loss Michael, it always hits home when you hear of this news, how are you going yourself?
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

I never knew the fellow myself, but it's never good to hear of a motorcyclists death at all, whether they died off or on the bike. My health hasn't been the greatest of late, with the my gallbladder and back issues, thanks for asking Graham. Not to mention the amount of stress that comes with having to deal with WCB for the last 13years. I'm just finishing an attempt of a gallbladder flush, not for the faint of heart I'll tell you.

Have you got your new billet basket in your machine yet btw? I'd love to hear how your machine is with it installed.

Thanks again for you concern, cheers, and good luck on the track when you're able to get back.
Michael

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Have you got your new billet basket in your machine yet btw? I'd love to hear how your machine is with it installed.
Not yet, I picked up the cnc components for the cable clutch conversion just before we left so I'll fit the clutch basket at the same time when I get back :banana

I've also pretty much finished the paint job a couple of weeks ago and am waiting for decals to arrive.

I've decide to put a few coats of clear on, but that will have to wait a week or two as I'm having a great holiday over the ditch in aussie at the moment.

I managed to pick up a new Colin Edwards Aria in the '70's white / red speed block patten which will look great with the new paint job, plus some new Alpine Star GP gloves within 2 hours of arriving hear as the bike shop was just across the road from the appartment

:)
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

opps :hijack sorry...just gettin excited again

2005 SV996R SOLD

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

No apology necessary man, I asked and that's what threads are for right?
Michael