Yet another 2 more.....

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Yet another 2 more.....

Post by YZFRob »

Well we had 3 more fatal bike crashes this past week. Bringing the total in this county to 9.

1 was a guy riding a dirtbike (no word if a street legal one or not) hit a car.

2 was riding a scooter drunk.

3 was reportedly speeding, left 380 feet of skid marks with a V-star before hitting a car that pulled out from a stop sign. Locked the rear brake up and layed it down 20' from the car.

NONE of the 9 killed were wearing a helmet. 4 the riders were drunk, 4 were because of left turning cars and 1 was lack of riding skill (dirtbike guy. Just bought it from what someone who knew him said in the comments of the local paper).

Really this is getting freaking stupid. WTF is wrong with people getting hammered when out on the bike? Then we got the people who wont wear helmets. Maybe 7 of the riders would had lived if they had one on. The other 2 probably wouldnt mattered with how hard they hit.
YZFRob

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

The cruiser rider probably would be fine if he actually touched the front brake. He should be able to stop from top speed on a vstar in less than a 1/4 mile with the front brake alone. And as much as the helmet law in canada raised a bit of a fuss, it saved a lot of lives.

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

I cant imagine why anyone would choose not to wear a helmet? You wouldn't expect to see anyone racing without one, and the track is safe compared to the streets. Personally over the years I've smashed 3.

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

In The US some states don't require helmet usage, seems silly to me too. Canada has had a helmet law for a good while and you still get the twits who'll buy a $20 pudding bowl with a fake dot sticker just to prove a point, what point that is I don't know.

97YZF1000
Veteran Poster

Post by 97YZF1000 »

Big Jon wrote:In The US some states don't require helmet usage, seems silly to me too. Canada has had a helmet law for a good while and you still get the twits who'll buy a $20 pudding bowl with a fake dot sticker just to prove a point, what point that is I don't know.
The only point they make wearing those is that they're idiots. I see them around here too. They go out spend $10k on a bike and then ride around wearing t-shirt, shorts, sneakers and a pudding bowl helmet :roll:
97 YZF1000 (Thunderace)
06 FZ1-S

rush1
Veteran Poster

Post by rush1 »

Whatever their reasons are for not wearing helmet or riding drunk, it is a shame to lose your life for it. Today you can pull up videos on you tube and see all kinds of idiots on bikes. Mostly kids pulling stunts, which won't be so bad if they were doing them in a parking lot or empty lot somewhere instead of on the street or going down interstate highways or the drunks doing burn outs which I can not understand why you would waste a good back tire. There is always a time and place for everything.
:bfg