Hope all are safe in Australia

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Hope all are safe in Australia

Post by djalbin »

Some of the country's worst flooding in decades. Rockhampton is the latest of 22 cities and towns in Queensland to be swamped by floods.

I hope all of our EXUP mates downunder are safe.

The town of Theodore
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

Mike_SS
Veteran Poster

Post by Mike_SS »

Certainly was a wet Christmas. Not sure if there are any members up north where most the flooding is.

1994 YZF750R Race/Track Bike
1992 FZR1000 Race/Track Bike

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

It flooded about an hour and a half north from here in Buderberg, but man did it rain. we got 4 inchs of rain every day for 4 days straight, my back yard looks like a swimming pool

I was lucky to get back home from working in Bunderberg on xmas eve, i had to take the long way home as a lot of roads were blocked

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

Glad you're ok Stan, I think everyone else is in Brisbane or more southerly
away from the floods?
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

SJTFZR1000
Veteran Poster

Post by SJTFZR1000 »

good to hear your ok stan,all we got here is heat ,dust and locusts
1990 RACING FZR1040 & BROKEN 2001 YZF R1

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

We went through this up here back in 08'. One of the parks looked like a lake. Couple of smaller lakes just north of us still havent receeded.

More snow forecasted for tomorrow though.
YZFRob

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

Floods are suddenly inundating the southwest of the state of Queensland, heading for the state capital Brisbane. I hope all are safe, and your families and friends. Mike_SS check in if you can, let us know you're ok. Stan, glad it's missing Hervey Bay area, hope it stays that way.
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

Mike_SS
Veteran Poster

Post by Mike_SS »

Yep it is getting a bit wet up here. I'm OK at my place. They are now predicting that by Thursday the water will be higher than the 1974 flood level. I am old enough to remember that one and if it reaches that level then that will be a catastrophe for many.

It has also started affecting our race calendar with the first coaching days of the year this weekend having to be cancelled. In fact the motel room I normally stay in has water runining through it apparently.!

Nasty stuff all round with 9 confirmed dead and 66 still missing after a wall of water went through a few towns west of Brisbane yesterday. :(

1994 YZF750R Race/Track Bike
1992 FZR1000 Race/Track Bike

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Nasty stuff all round with 9 confirmed dead and 66 still missing after a wall of water went through a few towns west of Brisbane yesterday.
I saw this on the news tonight, and am thinking of you aussies and hoping for the best.
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

we aren't flooded in, but Hervey Bay has almost run out of fuel, milk, bread, fresh fruit and veg

No trucks are able to come up from Brisbane, or South from Rockhampton, and it may be a week or so until the traffic starts moving again.

Our thoughts and prays are with those that have lost so much

stan

ozzyfzr
Veteran Poster

Post by ozzyfzr »

Terrible times ahead, Brisbane river to peak at 3pm today, almost 20,000 homes in Brisbane will be affected. CBD is having power cut at 7am,I am in Morayfield and cut-off, street covered just down the road, garage is high enough thank god, stable attached to garage flooded, but turned out to be silt buildup along side of shed., all fixed with a shovel.

This is terrible, and gunna be catastrophic for some, luckily most people I know aren't affected, but thousands will be!

My thoughts are with those in Toowoomba and Grantham who lost so many!!!!

Regards
Ozzyfzr
"Q: How do you make a small fortune in racing?
A: Start with a large one!"

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

Thanks for checking in, Ozzy. Glad you're ok and hope it stays that way for you and your family/friends.
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S

gtlewis
Regular Poster

Post by gtlewis »

Keep safe guys and park the bikes on high ground, very high ground?

Regards
Tony

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Keep safe guys and park the bikes on high ground, very high ground?
+1, I heard on the news that one of the rivers might be hitting 20.5 METERS above high tide tonight...
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD

rush1
Veteran Poster

Post by rush1 »

Just watched a video of a creek that turned into raging river and was taking cars and trucks with it. Hopefully things get back to normal for everyone there rather quickly.
:bfg

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

Just wanted to say to our fantastic Yamaha boys and girls in Australia that I hope everyone is safe. That's some crazy flooding...

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

So as the water receids, the damage is exposed. I wasn't directly flooded, but my In-Laws down in Rochester, Victoria got hit. Their house is up quite high, so the stinking flood waters, full of oil, fuel and raw sewage only lapped at the bottom of the floor boards, but it flooded their shed, which happens to be full of all my good stuff.........

Looks like we have lost all our good antique funiture i have collected over 20 years, all the kids art work form child care and kindergarden, but worst of all is the loss of all my Australian Motorcycle News and REVS magazines going back to the late eighties...........Noooooooo.

How do i put a value on that for the loss assor, stay tuned

Stan

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

OH NO that's tragic, Stan, especially the stuff that can't be replaced
like the memories of the kids.
:sad
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

sorry to hear that stan, must be heart breaking for all.

has anyone heard how ozzy is - the water was getting quite close to him as well?

2005 SV996R SOLD

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

It could have been a WHOLE lot worse. The SES had evacuated both of their neighbours as their houses are low set, telling my in-laws that they thought they would be OK, but the water kept creeping up. My in-laws kept getting TXT messages to evacuate, but SES control had been informed the street was all evacuated,

My mother -in law, stressed to the max at this point, decided to leave the house with my wifes Dad(who has some brain issues) and 50 Y.O Downe Syndrome brother, and walked 150 meters, chest deep, against fast flowing flood waters. At one point along the journey, she lost her footing, slipped, but managed to grab hold of a front fence and held herself, and the other two up. She was very emotional recalling the events, and genuenly feared for their lives, so the loss of a little bit of furniture is a very small price to pay

Stan