Hello

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
FZRDude
Co-Admin

Hello

Post by FZRDude »

Just thought I'd say "Hello" to everyone. No reason, just "Hello".....
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

ThomVis
Veteran Poster

Post by ThomVis »

Hello back.

And since we're onto nothing, a couple of weeks back I got a new garage door. No big deal, but it messed up my not so organized garage layout even more. My two bikes are not completely assembled, so fairing all over the place, wood chips and saw dust from the old door everywhere, stuff thats been in a corner since '03 in the middle of the garage, you get the picture, it looks like a bomb went off.
Now a little thingy needs repair, which has a c-clip in it. No worries, I have c-clip pliers for that job. I'm standing there, in the middle of the shrapnel I used to call workbench, working on the thingy. The moment I get the c-clip out, it smells sweat freedom and uses the pliers as launch device. It landed in the garage. I know it did cause gravity still hard at work to keep fairing and other junk on the floor, and the doors where closed. It landed somewhere. And somewhere is in my garage 3 by 8 meters knee deep pile of stuff I found important enough to gather in my garage, but can now do without.
It's save to say the thingy is not getting repaired tonight.
Intelligence is alcohol soluble.

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Hi Timbo!

Hope you find your clip which is missing in action ThomVis!

Hope every one has a safe and relaxing holiday over the christmas period! :)

duke22
Veteran Poster

Post by duke22 »

Hello + 1 more.

The good news ThomVis, is that you will find your clip. Not until you move house of course, by which time you will have bought another clip. The new one will still be sitting in its bag, and the thingy you were repairing will still be broken. Been there ...

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

well, hello everyone.
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

Tis the season. I hope all is well with everyone !!

... and here's eight Scrabble points

Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

I'm looking fwd to getting my hands on a garage within the next 6 weeks, when we move into our new house. Perhaps it might be a good post, a garage fit out.

All i need to do once i get my new man cave, is fill it with man cave toys,

Have anice xmas everyone

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

Yoniboi
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Yoniboi »

What a nice post!
Hello all!!!

My garage is hovering around the 0ºC mark, the roads too, and I broke my meniscus about a month ago. No biggy. I'm not complaining. Just the excuse I needed to stay upstairs where it's warm and snuggle with the Mrs. drinking wine!

HAPPY XMAS everyone!
John
If you're going to take a shot at me let me know so I can duck...!

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

stan wrote:Perhaps it might be a good post, a garage fit out.
Just name the Day Bro... I'll be there with the tools :) make a nest for that Bimota... lol :banana

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Peace!
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

Hello everyone!
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

jjs777
Co-Admin

Re:

Post by jjs777 »

ThomVis wrote:Hello back.

And since we're onto nothing, a couple of weeks back I got a new garage door. No big deal, but it messed up my not so organized garage layout even more. My two bikes are not completely assembled, so fairing all over the place, wood chips and saw dust from the old door everywhere, stuff thats been in a corner since '03 in the middle of the garage, you get the picture, it looks like a bomb went off.
Now a little thingy needs repair, which has a c-clip in it. No worries, I have c-clip pliers for that job. I'm standing there, in the middle of the shrapnel I used to call workbench, working on the thingy. The moment I get the c-clip out, it smells sweat freedom and uses the pliers as launch device. It landed in the garage. I know it did cause gravity still hard at work to keep fairing and other junk on the floor, and the doors where closed. It landed somewhere. And somewhere is in my garage 3 by 8 meters knee deep pile of stuff I found important enough to gather in my garage, but can now do without.
It's save to say the thingy is not getting repaired tonight.
Howdy Timbo - hahah - I think I recollect you really resent that nickname so I must remember to use it more often.

ThomVis - as much as I admonish the posting updates on social media like facebook - if you haven't already done so you should consider posting the lost thingy event and any updates of finding the little guy. I'm sure all your fb friends would love to get daily status updates.
Gosh I just thought of something awful - perhaps you already found the little bugger and I missed the whole thing unfold. Damn

ThomVis
Veteran Poster

Re: Hello

Post by ThomVis »

I don't do FB/Twitter updates. Friends around me do, and everyone can read about their private live online. I still have the feeling my private live should not be online.

By the way, I found the jesus-clip in a box of 8mm bolts last week, not where I was looking for it. The thingy is repaired, but not after I bought a replacement thingy. Garage floor is cleaned for the most part, bikes are together and in hibernation-mode. Just need to find a place for all the junk again which is now in my house.
Intelligence is alcohol soluble.

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

I stand corrected - it wasn't Timbo that Tim disliked - it was the use of "Mr. Tim".

Right Mr. Tim ?

:roflmao

I may just get banned for this - we'll see.

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

Mr. Timbo?
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

wow - how do you like them apples ?

someone with admin privs edit'ed by post to remove the "T1mmy"

nice one T1mmy - he used the feature of the board to replace the word T1mmy with "Mr Tim"

pretty clever I must say