Fix mount tabs on bodywork?

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Fix mount tabs on bodywork?

Post by YZFRob »

SO has anyone ever fixed ones that broke off and stayed fixed? I've been thinking of just replacing the broke ones with a kydex plate ad use Dzus fasteners.
YZFRob

ThomVis
Veteran Poster

Post by ThomVis »

I've got two in the so-far-so-good section. ABS welded the ears back on, made an aluminium plate with a cage-nut and polyestered that on for reinforcement.
Now poly and ABS don't mix too well, so I'm expecting a phonecall any day now.

Are you getting the dzus fasteners with the loops? A race team over here is dumping these because the eyes are flopping all over, and using tape to fasten the fasteners.....
Intelligence is alcohol soluble.

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Plastex is your friend dude, a product that Overkill knows where to get. Prior to hearing of that stuff, this is one of the agents I've been using with a great deal of succes myself, Q-bond.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQYW5pXxj1k
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Plastex. I have rebuilt missing tabs and done repairs with it. it is basically finely ground plastic with a solvent. The end result is strong as the original. it's one of the few products that works as well as the manufacturer claim it will.