Bike graphics

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
Monsterbishi
New Poster

Bike graphics

Post by Monsterbishi »

Started draughting up the graphics for my bike today, being that the originals have suffered as a result of the black spray paint that the thief applied over them! So whilst the wife was at the Gym - I drew this up (Adobe Freehand) The curves are rough, and there's a bit of alignment to do, but I still can't wait to drop the disk off at the vinyl printer!

Using this as a template:

To replace this:

--- Cut Here ---
'94 YZF750R
'94 JDM Mustang GT Coupe

ThomVis
Veteran Poster

Re: Bike graphics

Post by ThomVis »

Hehe, the Genesis is the only one which I don't have in vector format, yet. The others Hooligan and I are working on (Yamaha/YZF/Exup/Deltabox/750 decals).
Intelligence is alcohol soluble.

Monsterbishi
New Poster

Post by Monsterbishi »

Can you open Freehand files? or EPS?

Genesis Freehand Image
--- Cut Here ---
'94 YZF750R
'94 JDM Mustang GT Coupe

ThomVis
Veteran Poster

Post by ThomVis »

Freehand, no. SVG is preferred, EPS will work too.

Monsterbishi
New Poster

Post by Monsterbishi »

ThomVis wrote:Freehand, no. SVG is preferred, EPS will work too.
Hmm, can't save as SVG with my old version of Freehand - here's the EPS EPS Version link
--- Cut Here ---
'94 YZF750R
'94 JDM Mustang GT Coupe

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Thanks for that Monster :) Did you scan and trace or have a font that worked?

Anyone have a copy of the Delta box EPS that they would share?

spook

Post by spook »

If anyone is using Windows XP and they want a great little font manager that allows to import and export fonts into the XP font cache, as well as being able to view fonts prior to importing-exporting. It's also good for thinning out your font cache so your programs such as Illustrator and Photoshop load faster

Another thing it does as well is search your drives for fonts. It doesn't need to be loaded you just copy it into the program directory, send the HP fontsmart icon to the desk top and you are away :thumbup:

PM if you want me to email a copy to you 2.9 mb it's a basic little program that fills a big hole in XP.

Last edited by spook on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monsterbishi
New Poster

Post by Monsterbishi »

I grabbed a page of a brochure that I found on the web, traced over it vector style then manually tweaked it until it was symmetrical.

If you have the deltabox graphic in a decent flat scan it'll take me about a hour to recreate. Have snaffled some off the net that might be ok, might be my tonight project 8-)
--- Cut Here ---
'94 YZF750R
'94 JDM Mustang GT Coupe

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Used to be a company that had all the Yami graphics, but alas they seem to have gone by the wayside..... was www.tricktape.com but the link no longer works. I think I have a page saves, but I'll have to look....
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

Monsterbishi
New Poster

Post by Monsterbishi »

Here's this arfternoons vector based musing...

And here's the EPS, as with my last creation, the curves and spacing are a bit nasty, but it's a good start!

Deltabox EPS File
--- Cut Here ---
'94 YZF750R
'94 JDM Mustang GT Coupe

spook

Post by spook »

Nice work. I've only got one example of the delta box sticker here, it's dimensions are 184mm x 18.5mm. I'm sure they probably vary dimensionally model to model.

Monsterbishi
New Poster

Post by Monsterbishi »

spook wrote:Nice work. I've only got one example of the delta box sticker here, it's dimensions are 184mm x 18.5mm. I'm sure they probably vary dimensionally model to model.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x34 ... EPS Source
--- Cut Here ---
'94 YZF750R
'94 JDM Mustang GT Coupe

ThomVis
Veteran Poster

Post by ThomVis »

@Monsterbishi, don't take this the hard way, I do appreciate the work you are putting into it, but I don't think your logos are representations of the real thing.

Here are the YZF and 750 decals which I consider "finished", but if anyone has comments, please let me know.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27755071/Decal%20750.svg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27755071/Decal%20YZF.svg

Here is the unfinished exup decal I had, Hooligan send me a better one which I wanted to update a little, but haven't found the time for. Hope to finish it in the comming week.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27755071/Decal%20exup.svg

SVG opens in most webbrowsers (right click, open in new tab), but rendering isn't perfect, specially on large drawings.

When linetracing you need to know where you source comes from. The picture spook posted looks fine, and with a bit of work will do, but better take a flatbed scanner to the frame and scan the decal at maximum resolution. This way your source picture is flat (no lens eye view of the picture) and has better size/resolution to draw from. And yes, I have been in the middel of the street with a laptop and scanner to get a decal from the hood of a car. :shifty:

spook

Post by spook »

This site offers free downloads of eps format logos:

http://www.seeklogo.com/search.html?q=y ... wnload-Asc

Also this is a photo of a sticker that has not yet been applied:

ThomVis
Veteran Poster

Post by ThomVis »

I have scanned the web long for good quality decal pictures/vectors, but the quality is low and/or the resemblance is way below par.

Spook, is this an original Yamaha sticker or an aftermarket one? I noticed the interuptions in the D, A and B are not equal, but haven't looked at any original Yahama Deltabox decals.
This photo is taken with the lens in front left-bottom leg of the A. You can see the distortion you get from the lens, the T comes above the top line. You can make a linetrace of this, but you'll have to compensate for this.

spook

Post by spook »

It's an original Thom, if you look at the photo a couple of posts up of the sticker on the side of the OW01, it's the same.

You could try upping the contrast and levels in Photoshop or the like. The reason it looks the way it does as it has an translucent film over the top of the stickers.

Here's a link to a c-draw delta box 3 image.

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/logo/ya ... abox-iii-3

spook

Post by spook »

Monsterbishi
New Poster

Post by Monsterbishi »

ThomVis wrote:@Monsterbishi, don't take this the hard way, I do appreciate the work you are putting into it, but I don't think your logos are representations of the real thing.
Should be pretty close given that I used my own bike as the template :-)

--- Cut Here ---
'94 YZF750R
'94 JDM Mustang GT Coupe

ThomVis
Veteran Poster

Post by ThomVis »

@Monsterbishi: First time I see Exup in that lettering.
spook wrote:It's an original Thom, if you look at the photo a couple of posts up of the sticker on the side of the OW01, it's the same.
If you say they are the same I have to believe you, but I wouldn't call it from these photos.
Looking the same and being the same....... Anything decal that's called "original" without an OEM Yamaha sticker on it, is suspicious in my eyes. :2cents
spook wrote:You could try upping the contrast and levels in Photoshop or the like. The reason it looks the way it does as it has an translucent film over the top of the stickers.
Playing with contrast and sorts makes linetracing easier, but if your source is low resolution, it's still low resolution.
I scan @300 DPI and up, resulting in pictures 3000+ pixels wide. Then I take that picture into Inkscape (my current vector program) and "box" all the letters and lines using the reference points of the bitmap. From there I start drawing the letters, trying to keep thickness & spacing equal as much as possible.
It sounds like a lot of work, but I have worked on logos that became 5x4 meter wall stickers, if you don't do it this way, at that size it will show. And vectors scale pretty easy, so I rather invest the time once to do it good, that redo it again when I need to (and I admit, I enjoy doing it :shh: ).

Monsterbishi
New Poster

Post by Monsterbishi »

ThomVis wrote:@Monsterbishi: First time I see Exup in that lettering.
I suspect that's as a result of my bike being from the Japanese domestic market, my Mustang is even funnier in that respect 8-)
ThomVis wrote:(and I admit, I enjoy doing it :shh: ).
It's quite an addictive process, was up in the middle of the night with a random bout of indigestion, so took it as a good opportunity to play with the images some more!
--- Cut Here ---
'94 YZF750R
'94 JDM Mustang GT Coupe