VERY IMPORTANT POTENTIAL GROUP BUY for SIGMA SLIPPER CLUTCH!

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!

Do you want to buy a Sigma Slipper Clutch on SALE

Poll ended at Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Yes
27%
No
36%
pretty damn likely but need more info
18%
Not bloody likley but perhaps with more info
18%
Piss off Sickle, you and your damned group buys
No votes
Already bought one!!!
No votes

Total votes: 11

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

VERY IMPORTANT POTENTIAL GROUP BUY for SIGMA SLIPPER CLUTCH!

Post by sickle44 »

As the subject line suggest gentlemans and lady;

I have been in contact with a fellow from Sigma Performance, I'm attempting to setup a group buy for us for the beloved SIGMA slipper clutch. I don't know for sure what the exact savings amount is or will be but the discount should be incentive enough for all fence sitters to hop on down. DO NOT QUOTE Me On this, but initially I had been whining about how once this unit would be delivered to our door, it would be roughly $1000. Again, DO NOT QUOTE me on this as nothing has been finalized, what I am attempting and pretty close too is getting that total cost down to $750, a savings of $250 which I think is "not too shabby," don't you? To explain matters in Uk currency, I'm trying to get it from 550 down to 450 with a 25 pound shipping fee, perhaps even lower pending on what kind of numbers we can produce

Unless otherwise noted, all monies are spoken of as CAD funds not far off of US funds as well

Now, I need all members to step up with a good strong commitment to buy one of these, so please let me know if you're in or out, either way. Like the Falicon buy, I'm attempting to get this broken up into a couple of payments, so initial payment would be $250(non-refundable) and then $500 before it gets released to your doorstep. Tell your Mrs' that Christmas has to come early for you, I know I will be.

As for how to pay, who, what, when, where, how, shipping, all other questions, I have no answers yet and won't until I let you know. For right now, what I need to know is are you willing to buy one with a good discount on it's 549 pound purchase price.

Having not taken any sort of cash for the last group buy I did, if everyone's OK with it, I would certainly appreciate if all buyers of this one would kick an extra 5 or 10 quid in to this deal as consideration for all the time & effort it takes to get one of these done. If the general consensus is that I go piss up a rope for asking this, well I guess I'll get a little wet, but.............. & .............. ehh.. .......
Last edited by sickle44 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

ThomVis
Veteran Poster

Re: VERY IMPORTANT POTENTIAL GROUP BUY for SIGMA SLIPPER CLU

Post by ThomVis »

I'm sure I'll regret it somewhere in the future, but I'm still out. Happy hunting. :thumbup:
Intelligence is alcohol soluble.

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Sorry to hear ThomVis, I'm sure you will regret it. It'll likely take a few weeks to round up enough dudes to qualify for a group buy so you've got a bit of time if you decide to change your mind.

I added one more line in the Poll guys so if you could re-vote, I certainly appreciate it. If you are one of the guys that said yes, or you're pretty sure, please let me know who you are by responding to the thread thanks fellas.
Michael

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Michael, you agreed at the onset via pm, that no profit would be made by yourself in this group-buy? So what's with the 10 quid levy?? The better good remember?

timpalompa
New Poster

Post by timpalompa »

I might be interested!
I will follow this post.

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

spook wrote:Michael, you agreed at the onset via pm, that no profit would be made by yourself in this group-buy? So what's with the 10 quid levy?? The better good remember?
Spook,

I'm doing this group buy the exact same was as the last one and will pay my way like everyone else. I won't be attemting to weasel my way out of paying by obtaining a unit for myself for free and this is what I had agreed to not be doing, without being offended of the presumption. I actually paid out more money on the last group buy than anyone else did and even paid for the shipping for another member's clutch basket to boot, albeit, he had bought the basket off of me. The better good, for sure, however, have you ever conducted a group buy through a forum on a large scale such as this; there is an incredibly large amount of time put into it, at least 40 hours, if the buyers of each individual unit agree to kick in a little financial 'thanks for doing this Michael.' So be it! I have merely asked buyers if they would mind doing this and this is entirely up to them. If they'd rather not kick in then that's up to them, I'm not going to squak about it. Sorry if this isn't acceptable to you Spook but it looks more than fair to me. Like the last group buy, I'm also attempting to set this one up with Sigma Performance taking care of all the financing so in essence, I won't have a clue who has or who hasn't contributed.
Michael

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Just to let all those in the know, I'm attempting to set things up so that Sigma will receive all the finances and non of it will have to come through me or PayPal.
Michael

spook

Post by spook »

Michael, can I suggest you run all the correspondence, information, and pricing through this page? That way anyone visiting the forum can see what's going on, and potentially join up and participate in the buy.

I'm posting on the Bimota forum regarding this buy, and that may help with the numbers and price. Cheers.

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

I had thought of that Spook but not all of our regular members even look at the general discussions much. Instead of asking everyone else to join up our forum, I decided to just suck it up, I'm actually on a total of four FZR forums right now and maybe adding to that number. With posts all over our own forum right now, I'm sure interested parties will eventually get to the right place and folks will have until October 31 to boot. Thanks for the thought though.
Michael

spook

Post by spook »

I have posted a link to here on the Bimota forum...Can you post the pricing information on this page?

Edit here it is:

sickle44 wrote:
The Product
http://www.sigmaperformance.com/ sells a clutch hub that will turn that normal clutch assembly into a slipper clutch assembly. This unit fits all FZR1000 models from 1987 to 1995 as well as the Thunderace, it was orginally designed for the TDM900/850 and the TRX850. The unit also fits all 750 models, OW01's, FZR750's and YZF750's. Investigation is underway to determine whether or not the hub will fit any 600cc models

The Deal
-For 10 hubs, Sigma Performance will give us a discount of 100 GBP which today on a currency exchange website was a savings of $158 CAD
-For the sale of 20 hubs and up, Sigma will give an even greater discount of 120 GBP total off its retail price of 549, a savings of close to $200 CAD, again by today's exchange rate.

The Timing?
We will have until October 31, 2012 to commit to this deal at which point a person will need to have made a payment of 50% to Sigma. I've always said the initial payment should be non-refundable and it should be still be considered as this, Sigma may feel a little more lenient with regard to this but remains fully & completely at their discretion.

It will then take Sigma another 4 - 6 weeks to complete the order at which point each individual will need to pony up for the remainder of their due and then your new hub will be shipped out to you.

Shipping
Will be coming to each person by http://www.royalmail.com/ with tracking.
Shipping for customers outside of the UK will be an additional flat rate of 25 GBP
Shipping for customers in the UK will be an additional flat rate of 10 GBP

Additional Fees?
Any duty/brokerage/or other taxation fees will be the responsibility of the customer
UK & EU customers will of course be responsible for VAT

Payment & Shipping Information???
Each fellow who's in will fill out their personal information on a Sigma Performance Web form (just press the ‘order’ button by the TDM900 clutch in http://www.sigmaperformance.com/slipper ... html#order ), after which they will contact you for payment. When they contact you, you must advise them it is part of the Skare-Sigma-Group-Buy, although the web form will have a price of 549 GBP do not be alarmed, the fact that you've identified yourself as part of the Skare-Sigma-Group-Buy will alert Sigma to the price change and the special circumstances of the purchase. Of course if you'd like to pay for the whole thing in one shot, that's entirely up to you. Before you go to the website, please let me know via pm that you intend to take advantage of the group buy but only if you are 100% sure.

Please route all product questions through myself. All payment info should go to Sigma Performance.

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Thanks for the help Spook.

Please shoot me a link to the Bimota site and I'll post a little ditty on there.

You don't know if the hub on the FZR600 is the same as the 1000/750 as well, do you?
Michael

antidot
Veteran Poster

Post by antidot »

OK guys, let's get our acts together. I spoke to Sigma today, and apparently beside me there are NO other takers. This is the info Neil sent me:

http://www.pannonsports.com/adv/yzf750r ... n%20PB.pdf

I 'm hosting this file on my server, take it while it's available...
YZF750RJ

spook

Post by spook »

I'm disappointed to hear this. But also understand it huge outlay for something that will help you only help you find 10ths. I want one for sure, but I don't have the money right now. if Sigma don't honour the price they have offered us-you...

You can always just pull the clutch in prior to corner and then ease it out on the way out? That's what Mick did on the 500's.. nah. :wtf:

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Hey Rob,

I am fully committed to the purchase of this as the instigator of the group buy, so please don't fret, I'm here too man.

What I need however are the other two or three dudes who said, YES, they were in, on this thread's poll as well as the other two dudes who said, pretty much there but need more info to pony up? Who are guys? Please PM me so I know that you are into this Group buy? I would have thought that our own forum members would have committed to at least 10 units so please, to the guys who want one of these, let me know asap.

Not trying to lay a guilt trip on anyone, just want folks who were interested to work with me is all, otherwise this group buy won't be a group buy and we'll be paying full rocket!

Thankfully we've got an extra two weeks now for our deadline so the cut off has been moved to November 15.

Another two fellows said no but possibly, who are you guys and what to you need to know to turn this into a yes?
Spook wrote:I'm disappointed to hear this. But also understand it huge outlay for something that will help you only help you find 10ths.
Not 10th's spook but seconds!! Read the report on the unit that was dropped into the CBR600RR, There are very few individuals with the talent of Mick Doohan dude. Also can you please drop me a link to the Bimota site you're aware of, I'll just register with them over there.
Michael

spook

Post by spook »

sickle44 wrote:Not 10th's spook but seconds!!
Lol, a lap is made up of tenths corner by corner... you don't just get awarded a second as you go over the start finish line... :lolno:
sickle44 wrote: Also can you please drop me a link to the Bimota site you're aware of, I'll just register with them over there.
Michael, I've had a post on there since the 7th of sept, directing anyone who is interested to you here. By all means register, but the job has been done by an established member of the Bimota forum for you. :thumbup:

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1993

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

spook wrote:Lol, a lap is made up of tenths corner by corner... you don't just get awarded a second as you go over the start finish line...
Well now we're just arguing semantics dude, Why in the hell are you and I always gettin' into it man? LOL :roll: I was referring to the second that the guy took off of his lap time from the CBR600RR test. It should be said: a slipper isn't just going to help you shave 10ths off of your track times; there have been several times in Edmonton where I've come close to binning it, after having to lock up the entire machine, brakes, engine, rear suspension flapping away because of myself running into situations a little too quickly or more often than not; the idiot/moron on the road driving with head directly up ass while on their mobile device/ eating icecream/ whatever. In my opinion, anything that's going to keep me safer on the road is quite welcome, especially one that helps keep the machine from becoming physically upset. IMHO a chassis that becomes physically upset is the difference between a high side and a low side and for all of those who've had a high side off, they aren't fun, granted a highside is often caused with throttle application opposed to deceleration, still......

I might not even mind ABS but that's where my allowable thoughts of electronic intervention stops
Michael

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

Where are we on this?

Unfortunately, I have been away from the forum again lately and haven't had much time to keep up on the deal. I am interested, I just need to know some specifics.

Thanks!
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Hooligan wrote:Where are we on this?

Unfortunately, I have been away from the forum again lately and haven't had much time to keep up on the deal. I am interested, I just need to know some specifics.

Thanks!
I'd think that you would want to have the bike assembled first, Hooli....... :popcorn :roflmao :yawn: :wtf: :wave: :roll: (that is unless you've already got it back together?)
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad