I've done it!!!!

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

I've done it!!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

I sold my SV1000S last week!!!! :D

A bloke from down country has bought it, paid the deposit and is flying up this Friday to pay the balance and ride it home.

35,000kms and it's been a fantastic bike, but I want to build my own idea of the perfect bike.

I'll be picking up the FZR750 that I've bought off Duke22 this weekend and will start figuring out what to do with it, I'm not sure if I'll do it up and ride it, streetfighter it, or flick it on.

I've have an idea in the back of my mind to get an XS850 Yamaha, do a chain drive conversion and build a new frame for it in the style of a '60's cafe racer with more comfort to suit my slightly buggered body. It appealds a lot as I've always liked Tritons and Rob North Tridents, but didn't really fancy trying to keep a Triumph motor together.

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted with progress - or lack of as the case may be :thumbup:
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Re: I've done it!!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Why not a trellis framed FZR with a SStrellisSarm Graham, that'd be fun? you could always do the perimiter brake too with a front RADD arm instead of telescopic fork, now that'd be pretty bitchin' cool dude.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Why not a trellis framed FZR with a SStrellisSarm Graham, that'd be fun? you could always do the perimiter brake too with a front RADD arm instead of telescopic fork, now that'd be pretty bitchin' cool dude.
I'm still not sure if the FZR is a keeper yet as I haven't ridden an I4 on the road for over 20 years - the last few bikes have been twins: SV1000S, XS650, R80, so it'll be interesting to see if I like it.

The prospect of an Yamaha I3 cafe racer REALLY appeals though as I've never seen one done properly with a bespoke frame and chain drive conversion.

I'm going shopping over the next couple of weeks for a TIG, lathe, mill/drill, tube bender etc etc as I want to have a fully equipped workshop before I start these projects, cause if I'm going to do it, I want to get it right first time :D
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Kiwi wrote:I'm going shopping over the next couple of weeks for a TIG, lathe, mill/drill, tube bender etc etc as I want to have a fully equipped workshop before I start these projects,
Now there's a wish list I can certainly identlfy with, you're a man after my own heart sir. I3 yamaha hotted up, now that'd be fun? Why not something with Triumph's 675 powerplant, supposed to be all that and a bag o'chips, 'nless you want something old'n'retro.
Michael

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Definatley the old and retro vibe, a bit like the following (with out the fairing):

or this with an twin disc front end:

and MUCH more comforatble handle bars!!!!!!!

2005 SV996R SOLD

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

and MUCH more comforatble handle bars!!!!!!!
No Doubt,

I like some of the old ones, but I'd definitely prefer the mondern handling/reliability if I were building something retro. I just love triumph's bonneville and modern T-100, wish I could own one myself, along with my FZR of course.
Michael

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

I like some of the old ones, but I'd definitely prefer the mondern handling/reliability if I were building something retro. I just love triumph's bonneville and modern T-100, wish I could own one myself, along with my FZR of course.
Modern handling is only a well designed frame away, and the XS850 are a good solid motor (if you build them right), so I'm hoping for an interesting project over the next few years :D

2005 SV996R SOLD

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Yup,

I like anything XS actually, or XJ for the matter, and the XJ's weren't all that great, that's for sure.
Michael