HeatedGrips??

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

HeatedGrips??

Post by sickle44 »

HOT off the heels of the last Ohhhh, so successful slipper clutch buy!!! No that's not sacrasm in my voice at all :x

Out of curiosity would anyone be interested in a buy on some very good heated grips. They're from Symtec, and a very excellent product with a cool pearch switch that, well, have a look. http://www.heatdemons.com/Internal-Hand ... _p_10.html

Poking around on the site you might not find what you're looking for your machine, but they'd definitely make something for your bar/grip/clip whatever you're trying to fit.

Anyways, there are a few fellows locally who are waiting for me to get some of these as I brought a couple sets in a while back, now the friggen things are $150 a set. Course, you always get a better buy in bulk so pm me if you're interested. These aren't like your typical crappy snowmobile heated grips as they would be a permanent solution for whatever machine you install them on.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Re: HeatedGrips??

Post by Big Jon »

Are you referring to the internal ones that say NOT to be used with aluminum and only to be used with handlebars open at either end? I think those are meant for metric cruisers and are not compatible with most sportbikes or some standards. Hence the undergrip style usually used on sportbikes.

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Yup exact same ones that work just fine with Aluminum, although the right hand takes a bit longer to heat up at it's gotta get through the throttle tube and the 'aluminum'. The bars obviously have to have some form of opening that you can slide the heating element into.

Got a package right here, the pics I sent out with the email Jon, not a damn thing mentioned about NOT installing on anything as they call it a universal model. There site does recommend the undergrip style for most yamaha's if you can actually work your way to it. What would you do if you were in business to make money, recommend the ones that install for life or the ones that will need to be replaced every time you change your grips? If the bar fits 7/8 of an inch Jon, it's definitely NOT for any sort of cruiser as even Japanese cruisers have oversized handlebars.

http://www.heatdemons.com/Internal-Hand ... _p_10.html
Michael

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

Not trying to pick a fight, but even the link you have there has in its description, Not for use with aluminum, and bars must be hollow from one side through to the other. Yes they make very nice stuff, but I'll go with the under grip style that get hot enough to give blisters on high, and OK fine, I'll spend the $35 every time I change my grips. At 130,000kms I'm still running the originals, with no reason to change for the next decade. Symtec makes top quality stuff for a good price (Yamaha wants $400 for the factory ones for a Tenere), I'm just not sure this is the best application for these units, I also don't like drilling into my clip ons, but that's me.

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Jon wrote:Not trying to pick a fight
:| :? could have fooled me and you are NOT listening, as stated, I have them in use on machines with aluminum and they get just the same friggen kinda heat the external tape style do, not to mention the very nice switch gear that goes along with opposed to a crappy looking high/low/off toggle. Also Jon, you are completely missing the point, the thread's not asking your opinion of the bloody things, it's asking whether or not you'd simply like to get in on group buy with them, period. I'm not attempting to start the buy the $40 toaster opposed to the crappy $10 toaster theory at all as it's a dead horse just like this thread. Simply pick up your damned phone once in a while and maybe you wouldn't have to 'pick a fight'
Michael

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

:popcorn
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

'zactly
Michael