New Years Project Resolutions

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
OW-01
Veteran Poster

New Years Project Resolutions

Post by OW-01 »

It's that time of year for new resolutions. What projects on the Brotherhood do we have to look forward to this year?

-Spook and his 12 OW01's?

-Julian's YEC YZF750?

-Antidots 856cc monster

-FZRDudes YZF750 (never saw the final project)

-Intras overbore project

Just curious what other projects are getting worked this year. I'm looking to get a YEC YZF750SP built, will probably take two years, but in 2013 we will work on getting the chassis together and engine rebuilt.

Sling some updates

:popcorn :popcorn

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Re: New Years Project Resolutions

Post by FZRDude »

Hey Jason,

My project has gone by the wayside as I'm having difficulties riding due to a vertabra issue in my neck and lower back. Not ridden but 3-4 times in the last 2 years.

But I do enjoy watching you guys spend money and do crazy stuff..... :popcorn
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

get back on a sports bike, (maybe a nice 02' R1)

finish my shed renovations, work in progress over the last 5 mths

try and maintain 350 km a month on my pushbike,

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

OW-01 wrote:It's that time of year for new resolutions.
Drink more beer, exercise less, stop wasting my time dating, engage in civil disobedience in relation to speed ($afety) cameras, enjoy salt, eat at least one chicken Kiev a week... What?

One or two projects in the pipeline...

Have a great new year everyone :thumbup:

OW-01
Veteran Poster

Post by OW-01 »

FZRDude,
I'm sorry to hear about your back, your project was one of my stamped for awesomeness projects! Escpecially since I'm looking to have Dave rebuild a YEC motor (Ya I know). You went full tilt with your bike and I have alot of data on these motors (your build thread was awesome). Your bike may be one of the coolest builds on the board, and I have been waiting 3 years for the results!

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

Put the track bike back to rideable and find some money for new gear. The first will be much easier than the second. :roll:

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

OW-01,

Hope you haven't counted my builds out because of the number of years I said I'd be doing them, I should at least get a start on them this year though.

I'll finally be unveiling the four wheeled 850i in the spring.

Tim, I keep telling you, you need to switch up your machine so you can ride, try something that sits bolt upright(of course it doesn't have to be an FZ-1), I'm sure you'll find it much easier on your neck.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

List of things I need to get:

-856cc Big Bore Kit
-Carillo Rods
-Falicon Crank
-YEC Kit Exhaust Cam
-Attack Triples (for Ohlins WSB Forks)
-Brembo 32/36 Mono Bloc Calipers
-Brembo Rotors (Narrow Band)

Just takes a lot of $$! This is why I'm so poor! :lol:

Mike_SS
Veteran Poster

Post by Mike_SS »

Continue development of the YZF race bike but with a different rider. Made good progress on the suspension in the second half of 2012 and will get someone else to ride it in 2013 (someone faster :) ) I have been seduced by a 955 Ducati which I will race this year.

1994 YZF750R Race/Track Bike
1992 FZR1000 Race/Track Bike

OW-01
Veteran Poster

Post by OW-01 »

Sickle,
Brother we can not forget projects, we just need updates, some updates and pictures please.

Juilian your list is :drool: :drool: Did you decide to go with Arias? BTW thank you for shipping the frame out, always awesome doing business with you!

Mike_SS, don't be seduced by the darkside of Italian motorcycling! Please post some pics the The Yamabrand, If you are on the track would like to see some onboard video.

:popcorn :popcorn

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

OW-01,

Dude, I'd love to show you pics and will include the board in every detail; but alas, all I'd be posting up right now is an increadibly healthy part list and their pics, much of which doesn't belong on my original 92 FZR1000, building a YamaMonster, although the engine parts are definitely all FZR compatible and juicy. Again, though, they'd just be pics of the parts, I will for sure start there though. I was kind of thinking of putting everything all up pretty much within the space of 3 - 6 months. This forum has the beginnings of sooo many unfinished products, it's really quite sad to be honest. That said, I was thinking of posting everything up during the course of 3 - 6 months as said, once all was finished, that way the board would actually be able to see an entire project through inception to completion, something I'm afraid it's a little short of at the moment.

end of the not so profound brain thinkings in my head.

Mike SS,

Pick Me! Pick me!
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

Sup Jason,

No worries, really glad the YEC Frame is going to a great new owner! I figure that since I had 2 YEC Kit Frames, no need to be so greedy. ;)

For the 856cc Big Bore Kit, I'll be going with ARIAS because it's good sh*t! :thumbup:

Cheers,

Julian

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

This years project isn't as grand as those above, but the work of building a cafe racer FZR is under way now.

I spent a day or two last week mirror polishing the fork lowers, top and bottom triple clamps and the fork brace, and today I fitted the new headlight brackets and trial fitted the 7" headlight - I like it!!!

I've decided to do the build starting and the front and working back, but the time available is limited so this will be 10-12 months.

Next is strip, paint and rebuild the front brake calipers, and polish the clip on mounts and switch blocks.

I'm going to pick up a sheet of aluminum soon and start on a new front mudguard to better suit the '70's vibe I'm looking for.

The fun part is that I want to do the whole build for under $1500, I've been finding a whole lot of stuff like adjustable rearsets under the house, and the rest I'll just make myself.
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o