Over Temp light

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Over Temp light

Post by kiwi60 »

I've been pondering what style of instrument panel I want on the cafe racer and have decided to use the original instrumenst housed in aluminium pods, mounted side by side on an ali plate.

The one area I'm not yet happy about is using a temp gauge (original or digital) as I want ti keep the panel compact, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to set up an over temp light to come on if the coolant gets above 105 deg C.

I'm going to use mini LEDS as the other idiot lights so adding another one will be easy (I think...)

So, any bright ideas???
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Re: Over Temp light

Post by spook »

Hook it up to the fan switch. Comes on at 107 degrees.

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Re: Over Temp light

Post by kiwi60 »

Hook it up to the fan switch. Comes on at 107 degrees.
That's so simple I'm almost embarrased I didn't think of it.

cheers spook
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o