WARNING regarding buying parts from ANIDOT

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

WARNING regarding buying parts from ANIDOT

Post by spook »

I'm very sad to say that I purchased some parts from this guy.
http://www.exupworldwide.com/forum/view ... 10&t=11260

#4 YZF gearbox which I have no complaint about. And:

YZF750SP gearbox with less than 300 km, 100% good ...unobtainium. (anyone remember reading that?)

Since I have purchase the SP box the wording of the add has been changed twice. It now reads "apparently from a low km bike".

I asked that he assure me the dogs on both boxes where okay prior to paying close to $1000 au into his paypal account. He is apparently a motorcycle mechanic btw :roll:

The dogs on the 3rd gear cluster where so badly rounded the box is unservicable. 300 km my arse.

$600 dollars wasted. believe it or not i work very hard for my $

I'm not the only one having problems. This is just a warning to my brothers. Be very careful when dealing with this crook. VERY disappointing.

Scroll up to rooracing's post.

http://www.yamaha-forum.net/forum/showt ... post110489

antidot
Veteran Poster

Re: WARNING regarding buying parts from ANIDOT

Post by antidot »

Calling someone names, doesn’t prove your case. Since you went public with this matter, I feel obligated to respond in a civilized manner.

I bought some YZf 750 racing and non-racing parts for my bike a while ago, wanting to do track days. Among other things I purchased an SP gearbox and the previous owner mentioned 300km in it. I thought it was cool, so I bought it. The price was fair.

Recently I decided to abort my race bike project and put up all the parts for sale through my dedicated web site. The description of the gearbox said 300km just as I was told.

When you contacted me and asked me how do I know the mileage, it dawned on me that:
1) Firstly, the mileage can NOT be verified by any means, since I was not the first owner.

2) Secondly, that information bears absolutely no relevance to the actual condition of the gearbox. To see the actual condition of the part, you have to see it yourself. I’ve seen internal parts flying apart after only few miles of racing, and I’ve seen parts like new after hours and hours of racing. And quite frankly, how can anyone tell that the gearbox has certain mileage in it? You can’t tell the mileage, only the condition of it !

Therefore, the same day you asked the question I removed the 300km claim from the ad I posted on my web site, for the two reasons mentioned above. Not just because of you, but because of other potential buyers, as well. I also replied to your e-mail, indicating that I do NOT know the actual mileage, I can’t verify it. Can’t verify it, doesn’t mean it’s wrong or it’s right. I just can’t verify it, nobody can! After I sent you an e-mail indicating that I can’t verify the mileage, I also made changes to the ad to reflect that fact.

Also, you asked me to check the dogs, and what was my answer? I didn't answer that question, because I wanted you to see the pictures, just like roughly 6 months ago ( or something like that) when you were also interested in buying some gearboxes from me. Instead of being subjective, rounded vs. not rounded vs. little rounded vs. very rounded vs. good vs. bad vs. anything . Back then I sent you pictures and after looking at them you decided not to go ahead with a purchase. Fair.

Since you didn’t show any interest in coming over from Australia to inspect the SP gearbox yourself, I volunteered to take high res. pictures of each gear, and help you make a decision that way. The picture(s) I sent you this time very sharply show the condition of ALL the gears. The pictures will tell you the condition of the parts, regardless of the age, mileage, where it was used etc. You look at it, and you see. Good or bad. Rounded or not rounded, whatever... You looked at the pictures and sent me the payment, confirming that everything looked ok. So I packed and shipped.

You claim that your purchasing decision was based on a premise that the gearbox had 300km mileage in it.
I didn't sell you the gearbox on a premise that it was out of a 300km motorcycle. Maybe that fact initially attracted you to the ad posted on my web site, but after you asked the question, I told you that I can NOT verify the mileage. So that premise was NOT valid Spook. I told you this before you purchased it.

I believe this time around you didn't look at the pictures in detail like you did 6 months ago, ignored the fact that I told (e-mailed) you that the mileage can't verified, and went ahead with the purchase. I kind of felt a little rush or impatience to get these boxes on your end. Yeah-yeah-yeah, go-go-go, it's all good, just send them, was my feeling at the time when I read your last two e-mails.

However, upon receiving the gearbox(es) and inspecting them, you realized that you probably didn’t get what you expected, and instead of saying something like:
-- Thank you for sending me the gearboxes and trying to save money on shipping for me. I’ve received the gearboxes and upon closer inspection, I’ve noticed that one of the gears is not in a condition I would personally like it to be. You sent me pictures, but for some reason I didn’t see it a picture(s), and at this point I’d like to ask you for a refund, I’ll take care of the shipping cost back to you. Sorry for inconvenience. --

I would have said OK, no problem at all, just send it back.

Instead you sent me an e-mail asking for refund, this is not acceptable blah-blah, period. The tone was very mandatory.

I asked you what do you base your claim upon, when I clearly communicated to you that the mileage can NOT be verified before your purchase, and I sent you pictures clearly showing what you’re showing in your pictures.

In your next response you started using derogatory language, started threatening with the forum, Paypal, what not.
In my subsequent e-mails I tried to reason with you, but you started acting like a child who obviously made a mistake and now kicks, yells and screams, instead of looking in the mirror.
It is my opinion you have some serious growing up to do, try to hone your communication skills, you’re a bit rough around the edges, to say the least.

A simple “please” would have opened the door for you…..
YZF750RJ

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Re: WARNING regarding buying parts from ANIDOT

Post by spook »

I asked to return the box and be refunded 5 times, over the course of five emails, and these are the sorts of reply's I received.

A gear box advertised as having 300 KM and being 100% good should mean just that in my mind.

Heed my warning people, this guy is a sociopath.

I'm making a claim through paypal, (I don't think I have to ask them in a very particular way, or say please), and hopefully I won't have to deal with him again.

I have always spoken with in a civil manner. The evasive and sickeningly condescending, and inacurate reply's are all like what robert has written above.

I'm the second person to raise complaint about what and how he is selling, make up your own mind. Regards,
Ralph.