Bike ride

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
FZRDude
Co-Admin

Bike ride

Post by FZRDude »

Finally got to take the bike out in I do not remember how long. 2-3 years maybe? I put new plugs in last week and new rubber on it yesterday Went for a 2.5 hour ride today. It ran okay for sitting for that long, but I'm really going to need to get into the carbs for a good cleaning. Just didn't have the grunt like I remember. Also forgotten was how some of the muscles are used in riding. A little sore. All in all..... a good day.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Re: Bike ride

Post by spook »

Glad to hear you are back on the horse Tim. Good thing is the genesis carbs don't suck in the same way as the exup carbs, so clean up should be pain free. :thumbup: Welcome back Mate. :lol:

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

Glad to see you got the bike running again. As soon as the weather cools down here I'm going to refurbish my bike and start riding it again. It's been too long since I last rode and I'm starting to miss it. Once I get back on the bike you are not going to get me off it.
I may need to buy some Anti Monkey Butt powder for the first few rides but it will be worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Monkey-Powde ... B0006B08O6

Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

I'm soooooo, Envious Tim,

Haven't riden since 2012, not for lack of trying though, FZR is still in pieces, and FZ1 needs a valve and carb job. Valves got to the point where they do there, not starting at all kick, sooooooo, paid for insurance and registration for nothing last year. DOHHH!!

Glad you were able to have a ride, hope your neck was and still is OK
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin