Back from limbo

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
Yoniboi
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Back from limbo

Post by Yoniboi »

A couple of years ago a student asked me if I rode a motorbike and I told him I was an ex-biker.
He said, "No such thing, your a non-practicing biker" and, well, he was right and here I am.

Spent the last week's holiday rebuilding the old EXUP: Seriously cut down fairing (both side panels and windshield, fairing mount cut & welded and CBR400 mirrors fitted), 4 pods (re-jetted carbs, of course, but not expecting miracles but necessary due to.....), slightly reshaped YZF fuel tank, cut and lengthened reshaped seat, lowered brought forward foot pegs plus shifters etc.... erm, just finishing off what I started 4 or 5 years ago but never finished really.
Engine "as was" with 6 speed and 1043.... see if it run when I get the fuel pump pumping (know it's not the pump at fault)...

Wanted to make the bike comfy for commuting/travelling but lost heart, but now I've got a new contract which means bike is a must (no parking in city centre but bikes can park on sidewalk for free) so I finally got the kick up the arse I needed.

Good to see all the old faces are still here, Tim, yama, kiwi, spook, sickle and so many others. I know we lost dragracer and it looks like missy went the way of the Ducati....
Good to back!!!
If you're going to take a shot at me let me know so I can duck...!

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Re: Back from limbo

Post by FZRDude »

Glad to see you back Yoni!
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

Welcome back Yoniboi and enjoy riding the bike again. :D

I think there are several members who have not been riding their bikes as much as they did in the past (me included). You will probably see others start refurbishing their bikes and riding them again (me included). The weather here is still HOT but as soon as the temperatures cool down I'm going to refurbish my bike and put some fun miles on it.
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Keep us posted with the build progress Yoni, welcome back mate!

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Welcome home Yoni.

How bout some photo's of the build :popcorn
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

Yoniboi
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Yoniboi »

Thanks everyone.

Will defo post some pics Kiwi, but I was lazy with the camera this last week, so won't be so much to show you.
Did take more photos 4 years ago when I did the bulk of the work, so I've gotta dig through my photo albums to put together a decent report.

Will get to it once the bike is together/ tech inspection passed/ all done.
If you're going to take a shot at me let me know so I can duck...!

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Good to have you back
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin