Motor Storage Ideas

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Motor Storage Ideas

Post by spook »

For ages I have been taping up the alternator openings on good spare engine's in storage I don't intend to pull down. Many don't have alternators.

The tape invariably falls off, and leaves the opening exposed to the elements. Today I was moving a couple of engines, tape had fallen off, and I had this idea.

What you need is an old CD disc, a 10 mm metric fine bolt 30-35 mm and a 10 mm washer, self explanatory.

Also, for those who live in countries that play the game of squash (like racquetball but the balls and rackets are smaller) the squash ball fits snuggly into the intakes of both the FZR Genesis and the exup's. This seals the intakes, to the point of being moisture-waterproof, and being domed, nothing can fall into the intakes. Even with paper stuffed in the holes debri can end up on top and fall in when you pull the paper out.

I rang the local squash court and they have old balls they said I could have for free.

davemfox2
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Re: Motor Storage Ideas

Post by davemfox2 »

Smart :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dave
1993 YZF 750 SP with Yoshimura half system
RG400
GSXR 1100WT