STOLEN Parts!!!

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

STOLEN Parts!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Hello guys,

Unfortunately, as my subject suggests, a lower life form broke into my garage and made off with all of my cordless powertools, torgue wrenches, high end car audio decks, but worse was the following list:

Carillo connecting rods
Wiseco 1070 kit, weight matched
cylinder block for the same 1070 kit
Nology coils, wires, and plugs
V&H PowerPak,
used Akro Header,

I'm sure there is more, thankfully, they didn't get the Falicon crank, or Falicon clutch basket, or full Brand new Akro System, however, as you can tell, the parts that were stolen will not be easily replaced, if even possible nowadays as parts for these machines have become even more rare it seems.

I can't even walk into my garage right now as it just makes me even more sick to my stomach!

If you see any of these items for sale from Canada, especially from the Edmonton, Alberta area, please let me know?
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Re: STOLEN Parts!!!

Post by YZFRob »

Keep an eye on ebay also and isn't there a Canuck version of Craigslist or is Craigslist have sections for the provinces?
YZFRob

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

That is a real kick in the pants :super-mad :cursing , Mike. I'll try and keep an eye out, but haven't looked for parts for the bike in forever. Tools are easily replaced, parts for older bikes.... not so much.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Yes there's a craigslist in Canada, although, it gets used drastically differently compared to which province you're in.

And yes the tools are easily replaced, the wiseco pistons probably easily replaced, honestly, the carillo rods are thing I'm most concerned with as you only see a set come up for offer every what, 5 years, now. Not to mention the PowerPak!

I'd appreciate any help if you guys see anything come up.
Michael

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

That sucks Michael. I hope you had insurance, it won't return your stuff, but will soften the blow. Quite often break-ins, especially when specific stuff is taken like FZR1000 parts...it will be someone you know, or has been through your shed previously.

1070 kits are obsolete, you might have to organise a group buy, as Wiseco will still do a batch of 6 or more.

Fortify your storage, bars on windows, extra locks on solid doors, alarm systems etc.

Hope you get to thump the scum! :crazy:

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Don't think I'll be doing insurance to be honest, can someone please tell me why we even have insurance??? Total value of theft is likely over $5K by now, keep finding more and more hand tools, or NOT finding more precisely. Paid more than $30K to insurance companies over the last 10 years, had two accidents over the last year, insurance company paid out around $15K, and then wanted to jack my rates, by more than %100, and make my deductible $1500!!! So the likilihood of a property claim with a company I've only been with for one month is slim to none. Property claims in this country are also completely retarded as unless you've got receipts for every last thing you're wanting to claim???? Not sure it would be worth it, especially when most of the stuff I lost was second hand purchases no where near the real value, unfortunately! F*(&in# insurance companies make me want to hurl as bad as the thieves.

As sad as it is to even think and as much as it sickens me, I'm not sure what a set of 1070 wisecos would be to anyone other than an FZR owner. And they were weight matched!!!
Michael