WAT WAS YOUR FIRST EVER BIKE?

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
willi
Veteran Poster

WAT WAS YOUR FIRST EVER BIKE?

Post by willi »

i thaught there was a tread on this some were. but could not find it so i will start another one. this was the same as my first bike my old man got me brand new. 31 years ago. it was made by tas motors in tasmania. gee i had some fun on that thing. i think it was about a 30cc. ImageImage
Last edited by willi on Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
89 FZR1000
07 CBR1000RR
07 HYOSUNG COMET 250R
Image http://www.freshfm.com.au/

DAVE
Regular Poster

Post by DAVE »

Willi - where in Tas were those pics taken?? Looks like middle of summer judging by the dry undergrowth.

I am still riding my first bike, look at the avatar, although I did ride other peoples 30+ years ago. But I never got off the learners licence.
I should have got the licence then too, when it was cheaper.

I spent around $400 to get the licence this year, $600 for gloves, helmet and jacket, $520 for rego. Who said motorbikes were a cheap form of transport??? :)

I will get a bigger bike when the 12 month provisional period expires. Because it's so hilly here, I just find the 250 a nuisance around town with all the gear changing.
DAVE Image

ImageDAVE's websiteImage Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

willi
Veteran Poster

Post by willi »

im not sure were that photo was takin mate. i got the pics off the net. its just an example of wat it was.
89 FZR1000
07 CBR1000RR
07 HYOSUNG COMET 250R
Image http://www.freshfm.com.au/

MadHaqr9
Veteran Poster

Post by MadHaqr9 »

Started when I was about 7 with a 1980 Honda z50 then moved up to a Yam MX100 (which really took a beating and kinda sparked my Yamaha fancy) and some other dirt stuff then a little street riding on an F2 then a 10 year break and now I'm back on Team Blue with the 750.

I'll prolly never get rid of the YZF and will likely always own at least one Yamaha, but that new Daytona 675 has really caught my eye.

wslonger
Veteran Poster

Post by wslonger »

I started out on one of these when I was about 9.

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

My firs bike was a 1978 Yamaha XS650 Special.

Mine was a much darker blue than the one pictured.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

Yoniboi
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Yoniboi »

Mine was an english P reg Honda moped that was old back in the late 70's when I bombed around the back fields on it. My mate had a really modern C50 :!:

I'll take a pic. at Xmas when I'm home and post it.

Then it was a KH125 twin spark plug, then a TY175; a KX125; RM125 that I got street legal to taunt the guys on RD125s; an RD350YPVS bitsa that was ALWAYS letting me down (although it held together for my Spanish tour in '92 so I let it off), then a KTM/Honda hybrid 250 crosser, a slab-sided GSX-R 750 that was knicked in Manchester (I'll always hate that town) and then thirteen years later a 1000EXUP.

I'd still like to own the first Fireblade, and one day I'll prolly get back into Trial when my lad starts/gets big enough.

John
If you're going to take a shot at me let me know so I can duck...!

MsHap
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by MsHap »

1976 Suzuki GS 400X :)
My Name is Chrissy
This is Jello

"A total lack of self peservation is good for about another 30HP" Confusious

Yamaman
Veteran Poster

Post by Yamaman »

1982 Suzuki GSX250 - big heavy slow lump
next a FZR250 and now the FZR1000
FZR...... What's that ?

barneyfzr600
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by barneyfzr600 »

'87 YSR50 @14 yo. Thats why I bought one :poke
Woot, I had a FZR1K.................now I got a '02 R1, but still lookin for the right EXUP......

ftang
Veteran Poster

Post by ftang »

Bought a 1977 Honda CB550-4K in Los Angeles in 1989. Rode it to New York, in a thin fashion leather jacket and with a sheet of plastic in case it rained. Best month I spent for a long, long time. Didn't even have a license - never even really ridden before. Forged my UK license to make it look like I'd passed the bike test. I figured (rightly) that it was unfamiliar enough to US cops to pass muster.

300 back-road miles a day was tough going on that thing, and I swore through gritted teeth that I'd never do it again without more power and a fairing. So a year later I went off to Eastern Europe on an ex-police BMW, huge fairing, did 1000 miles a day once or twice.

But, gotta tell you, something just wasn't the same...
(1994 YZF750R)

ACE
New Poster

Post by ACE »

50cc Italyjet, 50cc yamaha scoter, suzki 185ts, cb250rs, fzr250r and next a yzf750 or fzr1000
I have a GP dixson that looks a lot like the bike in the 1st post.

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

do mopeds count ? or scooters depending on where your from and the lingo used

so that would make mine a garelli ....as i recall capable of 35mph

MrFluffy
New Poster

first bikey

Post by MrFluffy »

First thing resembling a bike, a bsa d1 bantam grasstracker, but it never ran and had half the engine missing. First actual field bike, a c70 honda that we cut up, fitted tele forks, cut the frame down and fitted a campbell reverse cone megga for a weird droning exaust note as we rode it round fields..
First proper "bike", a 73 Yamaha FS1E sports moped. first got it on the road in std trim after rescuing it from the dead and it was good for between 45-50 dependant on which way the wind was blowing. I soon became a dab hand at changing cylinders and pistons at the side of the road. Then I entered into a tuning war with a friend with a puch maxi, and given that we were both mech engineering students with access to all sorts of funky machinery it got a bit silly.
He ended up with a puch maxi complete with expansion chamber and tuned engine that could manage 55mph but with amazing fragility, and after my 4th meltdown of a 65cc bigbore kit in a moment of will not be beat insanity I ended up shoehorning a A100 suzuki engine into my now minature cafe racer'd fs1e complete with clip ons, rear sets, a cb50j racing seat and a humpy almost goldstar alike tank in minature that really came from a old 125 honda and over boring it to 120cc (illegal for a 16yo, but after I'd carefully removed all the suzuki logo's from the motor and put yamaha ones on. It'd have been mr vernier or a very sharp eyed copper who knew the crankcase shape was ever so slightly different) and after changing all the port timings and cutting the disc according to my calculations done in some college lesson managing a glorious 85mph between generator keyway faliures (I kept a tobacco tin of woodruff keys the right size behind the sidepanel) and a powerband about 800rpm wide. And I always ran it on castrol R after the tuning, and it never seized again, but it didnt half pong. But it still had the std fs1e drum brake. Then someone told me to weld the genny onto the crank nose to avoid the woodruff key faliures when I missed a gear, as they did the same for racing rd250 motors, and the bloody crank snapped instead probally because the welding destroyed the heat treatment on the crank itself.. You know when its time to move on...
I gave it to someone who used just the frame so he could sell the numberplate, and there ended DEL 60L..
Home of a used and abused 1992 YB8 bimota, lovely in camo paint, just follow the other bimotsi's tears trail in the car park...

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

:hijack

MrFluffy, I don't ever recall seeing any pics of your "used and abused 1992 YB8 bimota, lovely in camo paint.."
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad