Finally up and running

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
mynewbike
Veteran Poster

Finally up and running

Post by mynewbike »

I finally got the bike on the road I was curios how it would run with the full D/D 4-2-1 exhaust.
I was pleasantly surprised the bike pulls ok up to 3k and then it really takes off.
i figure the new gearing helps i tooth less on the counter shaft and 2 up on the rear sprocket.
The bike pulls wheelies like there is no tomorrow:)
The only drawback is the sound It's LOUD.
As long as I keep it below 3k it's ok and it pulls good in all gears below 3k.
I can't wait until I get the Factory jet kit:)
Mike
A Yami ride a day keeps the dr away:)

LoveToRide
Regular Poster

Post by LoveToRide »

Very cool, Mike! But no more EXUP? :cry: Does she run lean, nasty, and fast? When I got mine it had a straight pipe on it. I liked it except for the noise and backfiring when I let off the gas. It was like riding a fire breathing dragon. Congrats!
Blaine
97 YZF1000

mynewbike
Veteran Poster

Post by mynewbike »

It actually runs a lot better than I expected it to without Exup:)
I fattened up the bottom end with a 1 size bigger pilot jet and raised the needles 2 steps (lowered the clip 2 steps) I installed a new set of mains I had DJ size 124 all around as well.
I'm kinda wonderin about the stock jetting 125 and 127.5 why the factory jet them like that and if you buy an aftermarket jet kit you normally get the same size jets for all 4 carbs??
I do have a Factory pro jet kit coming to me in the mail:)
MAW has a close out sale on some of the Factory jet kits and for my
YZF1000R I paid $89.95 So if you need a jet kit hurry up the even have shift kits on sale.
My bike is running good and will loft the front wheel in 2nd gear when on the gas. I have yet to open it up fully this thing is FAST :D
mike
A Yami ride a day keeps the dr away:)

gane
Veteran Poster

hi

Post by gane »

Mi. short story, stock jets and DJ jets don't correspond directly on fuel flow. (there's a chart in here somewhere that lists equalivilant sizes) OEM differences in main jets for 14 and 23 was for differences in heat dissapation.luck G