"wave" style rotors

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
Hooligan
Site Admin

"wave" style rotors

Post by Hooligan »

what are your guys' thought and opinions? total marketing/fad bullhype or actually something worth buying. my new wheels are getting new front rotors and i have looked at a few different versions.

good? bad? look too squidly?
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

I like the look and feel of my Brembo Snowflakes. Personally I think the wave rotors look squidly. (sorry John :poke )
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

I like the brakes on my R1.
I like the Brembo's and R1 calipers on my FZR. I have a wavy rotor on the back, But I AM a squidley kind of guy...Rolling smokies and wave rotors just seem to go together. Know what I mean?
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

WickedFZR1K
Veteran Poster

Post by WickedFZR1K »

Squidly, LOL Thats tooooooo funny. On the up and up from what I have been told, read and seen, the wave rotors do disipate heat better than stockers and they have less fad, plus they are supposed to be lighter...

If you can afford them, get them, but I dont feel the need personally for them as the stock brakes work fine for me, but then again, I am not flogging the twisties on weekends or hitting a closed course. Mainly I drag race and ride the streets, which are pretty straight here and low speed...

Rolling burnouts, ahhhhhhhhhh, I miss them and the FZR doesnt do them for squat, I guess I have too much rear traction or my butt is too big over the rear, my Katana 600 I used to have would do them forever, but the swingarm was 7" over and the rear tire was fairly hard, maybe if I go over 8" on the FZR I can enjoy doing them again...
If you want to live life by your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn...

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

Rolling burnouts, ahhhhhhhhhh, I miss them and the FZR doesnt do them for squat
You sir are plainly a candidate for a big bore kit...
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

the stocker rotors are crap

snowflakes are nice up front

but with boring round holes - looks common place....oooooo but its gold colour

go for galfer front and backs...and never look back

they compliment the bike and brings it into ~almost~ the millenium

I've had more than a handful of compliments on my sole galfer rear rotor...I cant wait to be able to afford fronts as well - they come with pads usually from most vendors

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

jjs777 wrote:snowflakes are nice up front but with boring round holes - looks common place....oooooo but its gold colour
The Brembo Snowflakes do not have boring round holes like your Brembos (of which I have no clue what they are called), John. And yes, they are Gold in color.

:hijack

I saw your motor today John....
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

MadHaqr9
Veteran Poster

Post by MadHaqr9 »

EBC is now making a contoured and vented brake rotor for the 750

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/EBC ... 04097.html

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

Hi Hooligan,

When it was time to get new brake rotors, I thought about it long and hard. After much thought , I decided to go with the BREMBO'S cause quite simply they WORK really, really well.

Here's a shot of my current rotors.

I've had EBC Pro-Lites before and was satisfied with them for 5 years of hard track-day use, but after trying out Brembos on my friend's HRC Kitted RC30, I was sold!!

Another friend of mine and I are both planning on also getting a set of Ferodo Brake Tech CERAMIC Rotors after reading the test in Sport Rider Magazine. They look super trick (very MotoGP-ish!!) and according to Sport Rider Magazine, work incredibly well.

As for the Galfer Wave Rotors, in my opinion there is nothing wrong with them and I'm sure they work superb (if it's good enough for the WORKS teams, it's good enough for me). So if you like the look of them, then I say definitely buy them!! When it comes down to it, I think that it's simply a matter of personal preference.

Hope this helps ;)

Julian

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

thanks julian, the brembos you're running have been at the top of the list for awhile, i was actually comparing the wave units to them. i'll be running round style units.
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

Ur welcome Hooligan!

Good choice, you'll love the Brembo's for sure!

;)

Julian