Jello fell down :(

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
MsHap
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Jello fell down :(

Post by MsHap »

I had her on a rear stand and jack stands with the rim off and the shock out and this turnbuckle inplace of the shock and I was lowering her back onto the rear stand from the jack stands and the bottom shock bolt broke and she fell off the rear stand :(
My Name is Chrissy
This is Jello

"A total lack of self peservation is good for about another 30HP" Confusious

NoItsNotAnR1
Veteran Poster

Post by NoItsNotAnR1 »

That sucks. Sorry to hear it. I'm guessing you're OK? How's Jello?
Blaine
97 YZF1000

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

yeah earlier this year I lossed my balance a bit in my shed and the 90 went over and dinged my otherwise previously mint tank on the steel shelf next to it

my arm was sore for a while as I tried bracing the impact

so accidents happen

dereku
Veteran Poster

Post by dereku »

I haven't dropped my FZR yet, but last year with my first bike (ex500) I dropped the thing at least once a month just pushing it around, ad putting it up on the center stand. Haha, it's all a learning experiance.
Bike: 2001 Yamaha R1
Years riding: 4
Years racing: Career on hold
Crash count: 3

WickedFZR1K
Veteran Poster

Post by WickedFZR1K »

I have yet to drop the fizzer and hope I never do, but i dropped the katana last weekend, on myself. I was just heading out and my mom comes running out of the garage with the phone, I put the kickstand down (but it wasnt all the way, when I stepped off it fell to the left (onto me). No damage, to the bike, bruised my leg though...
If you want to live life by your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn...

MsHap
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by MsHap »

One time riding I went to my parent's house and I get off the bike with the stand down start to walk over to my Father and the bike falls over. The bolt to the kickstand fell out so it just collapsed.

One time when I was little my friend was sitting backwards on his passenger seat with the bike on the centre stand and he is talking to me. Then he jumps off the seat and we here the "Clank" We both run for the bike but it fell over. lol

One time another friend of mine parked his bike infront of a store window and we went whereever and when we came back it was in the store. lol
the stand sunk and the bike went through the glass.
My Name is Chrissy
This is Jello

"A total lack of self peservation is good for about another 30HP" Confusious

gane
Veteran Poster

Post by gane »

soft asphault, the mail box,parked pointing downhill in gear,loading in pick-up,pantlegg flipped over kick-starter,sidestand not all the way down,riding away from gas pump on wet cement,stepped in a hole, loading ramp slid, your' not alone.G

jmmillerfzr
Regular Poster

Post by jmmillerfzr »

I tipped mine over once. Was parked laying back on the seat and when I sat up my weight shifted and I was heading over on the exhaust side. My first thought was to get my leg out, but I had medical insurance and only liability on the bike.. so kept my leg under it and kept most of the scratches off the fairing. You can hardly see them, but still pisses me off to this day. The stock can was replaced, gave me a good reason to do so.

naeone
Veteran Poster

Post by naeone »

as a courier i pulled up outside the office on my ar125 mean machine kicked the sidestand down pulled the keys out and stepped of the bike in a well practice manor. as i was a about to turn the bike hit my left leg (nearside over hear) and down i went. much to the amusment of the by now full windows of fellow couriers. (it appears the side stand hit the kerb and neatly bounced bac to its stored position)

I have dropped my fzr mostly in slow speed / overblance situations, when they want to lie down for a rest its like stopping ahorse doing the same thing.

on gravel, on a wet wodden bridge and twice now getting it of the bloody paddock stands, not the mention her old man trying to move it and not knowing the sterring lock was on or the time it blew over in the wind (mainly as they where not my fault)

did a better one than thet disc lock and forgot to take the rear security chain of and dov away. ripped the drain cover out the ground to which it was secured.

or there was the time on a hill with my gs1000 when i was slow speed manvoering outside a friends house and i fell over trapping my ankle under the alternator case and ended up lieing there for 10 mins till handly a returning neighbour called me mates out to help.

whilst on disaster stories when i was a squaddie and revesng a truck into a large shed with out sections trucks in it. i reversed over a full, and closed, tin of grey primer. i heard a small pop and stopped to see what had happened . to be greeted with paint dripping from the celling. i had covered 4 trucks in gray paint. i laughed for the first day of the clean up but it got very repetitive painting trucks for 2 weeks.

or the time i drove over the bosses tool box , accidently 5 times.

note to all, dont lend me transport!
may the force not see you