600 mile service only?

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
Dj

600 mile service only?

Post by Dj »

Hi Guys, Thanks for my welcome to the Exup forum. Did'nt get that '99' Ace the other day,However i'm going to look at a '00' ace tomorrow with 10,210 on the clock,Good condition from the photo's but the only "Official" service it's had was at 600 miles. Since i only have the haynes to go by I'm bit concerned that the bike has missed some important bedding in services for the engine. what would be the genral concensus?
Many thanks,
Dj.

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

Which services would those be?
If at 10k its had its oil changed regularly....all's well.
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

gane
Veteran Poster

Post by gane »

agree w/dragracer, in sched. maint.is 600 mi.(a glorified oil change) w/ check of nuts & bolts, then, every @ 4k miles inspections adjustments to cables, airfilter .chain/spkt carb sync. steering bearings, tires brakes hydrolics . 1st major is @ 16k w valve adj. fresh plugs, pack strg brgs new coolant fresh brake & cl fluid and all the lube & adj. of regular service. I chk tire presures. chain slack and oil level every time I gas (unless I gas a couple times a day) and look over plastic fastners as a matter of course. check your ' exup cables periodicaly, as they're not listed specificly on schedualed maint. and might be overlooked .luck G :cool
G
"just because You think everyone's against you, it only means your' paranoid. " not that your' wrong."