Site Closing

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!

Another FZR Site is closing . . .

So what?
20%
There was another site?
8%
Damn.
52%
and this effects me HOW?
20%

Total votes: 25

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Site Closing

Post by FZRDude »

Has anyone seen the thread about the FZR1000UK site closing?

http://exupbrotherhood1.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=7720
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

yes I have seen that, Damn sad it is. Perhaps it might be good for this board with some of their guys coming on???
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

willi
Veteran Poster

Post by willi »

i voted damn! because i think its a shame. there is alot of nollage gone if it does close. but then again there is always another. i like this site just as much as the other wen i visit this one i visit the other and vice versa.these two sites together have helped me amensly. over the couple of years i have had my fzr.
89 FZR1000
07 CBR1000RR
07 HYOSUNG COMET 250R
Image http://www.freshfm.com.au/

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

Yup. It's a shame it has to implode like it is...
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

haunter
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by haunter »

dragracer1951 wrote:Yup. It's a shame it has to implode like it is...
yup
88 FZR 1000 - SuperTrap, K&N, FP kit - sold
90 FZR 1000 - 1040, Ohlins, 91 USD's...some other stuff - sold

93 FZR 600 - rat/cafe/POS/Trackbike Project
03 SV1000S - bye bye
06 R6 50th Anniversary - slip on, PCIII, race rails

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

I read through some of the threads associated with the "WWW.FZR1000.CO.UK SITE CLOSING" debacle. I knew there was another FZR1000 website but never expected it to explode into such a tangled mess.
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

I think its more sad when the admin of the fzr site that is closing says he's bringing a lawsuit against EXUPBROTHERHOOD for not deleting the post that stated the same thing he wrote to us...that his site is closing and not accepting new members.

M Hankel
Veteran Poster

Post by M Hankel »

How sad!! I got that email too, but had no idea what was behind it until now. After reading through some of the posts from that other link, it sounds like a big can of worms to me. It also sounded like someone didn't do enough research into the real cause of everything before pulling the trigger with a lawsuit. ?

If this does make it to court, the B-hood should consider a countersuit for lost time and lawyers fees.

PS To the admins, where can I send a donation to for the B-hood?

-Mike
94' FZR1000
520 Chain Conversion (-1F, +2R), Michelin Pilot Powers, K&N Filter, Yoshimura RS-3, V&H PowerPak, Perpetual Carb Rebuilds

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

thx - no need for donations at the moment

hey I have an epiphany !

NEW RULE _ If anyone of our members visits any other site anywhere for whatever reason we'll ban them

plain and simple

rattle rattle rattle - oh wait thats been done before by another fzr site admin

o' the shame of it all

heck I'm embarrased 'for' him

hellraiser
New Poster

Post by hellraiser »

Tis a shame!
I'm originally from there too!
But i aint gonna vote incase i get banned! Hehe! :roll:

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

For those of you who've polled answers like, How does this affect me, or even worse, so What?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?????? FFSakes

It effects you greatly in several different ways as follows.

1) less support for a machine in any way means less people will ride them.
a) less machines on the road means less of a parts base for everyone else(in the long run)

2) We've all heard the saying two heads are better than one? Isn't that the initial reason you joined the forum? Or perhaps you've enough wisdom already because you know it all and just need the forum for parts?

Could someone else please explain why also as I'm still too pissed off that there are people that would answer in this manner
Michael

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

sickle44 wrote:For those of you who've polled answers like, How does this affect me, or even worse, so What?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?????? FFSakes

It effects you greatly in several different ways as follows.

1) less support for a machine in any way means less people will ride them.
a) less machines on the road means less of a parts base for everyone else(in the long run)

2) We've all heard the saying two heads are better than one? Isn't that the initial reason you joined the forum? Or perhaps you've enough wisdom already because you know it all and just need the forum for parts?

Could someone else please explain why also as I'm still too pissed off that there are people that would answer in this manner
Well, since I'm the bastard that started this poll, I guess I'm the only one that can answer that question.

Because, "I don't understand WHY someone would PAY for FREE information?" I and several others run this site for free. If I'm not mistaken, we have asked for donations only once since the BROTHERHOOD moved from ezBoards almost 1 1/2 years ago. Like one of the newer members stated, "I donate/dedicate @ least 40 hrs a week to this board" keeping it spam and as HATE free as possible. I look stuff up, I look for stuff on ebay, I ship stuff over seas for other members who cannot get shipping to their country, and I go to local wreckers for the members, looking for stuff they need.

So in response to your question "Am I serious?". Yes I am, and I'll explain my views on each polls question/answer......

1: Why should I care if the site is closing when that same site is trying to take LEGAL ACTION aginst me/the Brotherhood (yes that means all members as it's a class action lawsuit)? Does it matter that the Admins of the other site may or may not have changed when the lawsuit is still pending?

2: How many new members from the other site didn't even know about our site? In the same breath how many members here know/knew about the other site? With as much grief that has been shown in regards to the other site in just the last 4 days leads me to beleive that the site in question has had problems for some time. Sure we'd like to get the members to come over to our site, but leave the grief elsewhere.

3: Of course it is unfortunate that a well of information could be potentially be lost. A similar story that we have here at the brotherhood if it wasn't for me. AND YES!!! I'm going to TOOT MY HORN on that. No-one else stepped up to the plate to make it happen but me. You think you can do a better job? Then go take over the outer site. To tell you the truth, I too am getting a little pissed off about this whole thing, but since I'm the FRONT MAN of the group I get take all the heat and all the blame.

4: Sure the other site closing affects me in many ways....
a. more memebrs to moderate over here.
b. more member accounts to go through and approve or disapprove.
c. more grief that I have to put up with, like having to explain why I say the things I do.
d. how does it affect the general population? It doesn't. From Jan. 1, 2007, to April 1, 2007, how many Yamaha related sites have closed down? I don't know how many and neither do you. But did they effect you in ANY way before or after they closed? Did you visit them often enough to make a informed opinion?

Because I have the right to FREEDOM OF SPEECH in my country and I have an opinion that I wish to express, that is how I can create this poll and vote in it. Don't like it, don't vote, still don't like it? No one is twisting your arm to make a decision one way or the other.

And for the last question you ask...... I respect everyone's opinon just as I hope mine is respected in return. Whether you choose to agree or disagree with it is your choice to make, but either way you have to make a choice.
For those that felt like they were slighted, may want to vote for SO WHAT?
For those that that didn't know, may want to vote THERE WAS ANOTHER SITE?
For those that are concerned about the lost information, they'll more than likely vote DAMN
For those that didn't care for the other site will probablly vote THIS AFFECTS ME HOW?

That is the best I can do for you sickle.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

sickle44 wrote:Could someone else please explain why also as I'm still too pissed off that there are people that would answer in this manner
WARNING ! DUCK !

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

FZRDude wrote:That is the best I can do for you sickle.
Too late !

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

you are correct sickle - it does effect us greatly when the other admin threatens legal action against us

i'm sorry...I couldn't really answer the pole effectivly

the choice of

I don't give a rats a$$ because the other admin has threatened legal action on the brotherhood

wasnt one of the options....

In all seriousness...I feel for any 'good' members of the other site.
Last edited by jjs777 on Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

jjs777 wrote:I pity they have had to put up with an admin that is clearly an ignorant sack of dog bleep bleep.
Methinks you're too kind !

JD

<admin edit to thwart libel claims>
:banana

Censorship I tell ya ! LOL ! Edit away Mr. Admin !

JD

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

Well...The Georgia Boy don't raise his voice often.....
But I agree with everything you said Tim.
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

I'm thinking you might have missed a little bit of what I was trying to say Tim, nevertheless, just know that I am on your side. As for the whole legal he said/he said bs, I'm steering clear of that one. No comment.
Michael