Ya know what Rossi needs ?

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Ya know what Rossi needs ?

Post by silver »

Continentals ! Dunlops ! Bridgestones ! Anything but Michelins ! There was no doubt that they cost him the championship last year when he fragged his tires in Shanghai and now a repeat at the race at Istanbul. When is Yamaha going to learn ! Michelin might make a good street tire but it seems they can't make a track tire that can hang with Rossi.

aidybest
New Poster

Post by aidybest »

I felt for him today

from potential podeum to 10th gutted - Yammy need to sort those tyres out - sack em

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

Gents
Tires are made for specific tracks. The Yamaha guys just missed the setup. It happens.
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

dragracer1951 wrote:Tires are made for specific tracks. The Yamaha guys just missed the setup. It happens.
How many variables are there Jim ? I'm thinkin' :

1) Temperature
2) Surface
3) Track topology (how many and how sharp the turns and how long the straights are).
4) Humidity
5) Rider and bike specs
6) Rider preference

As to "the Yamaha guys just missed the setup", well they should learn from the guys running Bridgestones then ! Yeah that would account for 8 of the people in front of Rossi.

JD

mYZF_750
Regular Poster

Poor Rossi

Post by mYZF_750 »

I really felt for him too. :(

But. He went out on half a lap old cold tyres, and went accross a bit of grass and onto an old section of the track (I think). Big mistake. Normally he could have come back from something like that but from the look of the tyre in that camera shot mid race, for some reason the right side of it looked frigged.

I personally couln't complain about the end result though.

If Valentino can't/doesn't win this years championship, then I can only see myself getting behind possibly 1 or 2 other riders out there. Casey or Chris. For obvious reasons of course.

But I don't think there are a lot of riders who have got the goods and the style, flair, charisma to warrant my getting behind them.

Brian
I'm here, I'm just not quite sure I know where here is?

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Too many choices this year. I picked right last year even before it started, but I'm at a loss this year. I still like Cappirossi this year, but would like to see more out of Hopkins.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

Give Rossi a good set of tires and he could run them all off the road. I kinda knew he was going to hit the wall again when I saw how hard he was riding. It was awesome but I knew it couldn't last.

YZF_Rider
Veteran Poster

Post by YZF_Rider »

I was really expecting more from Edwards.Yes I kow the accident this time wasnt his fault but I have been expecting more the last two years from him.Is he a superbike rider and not a gp rider ? Same could be said for Hayden , I still think last year was a one off.I cant see him winning another title.
I wanna see Hoppa do better and Toseland move up to gp.

aidybest
New Poster

Post by aidybest »

Casy is ok as long as there arent to many bends :) so china is in the bag for him

Rossie is the kiddie and will get there with his outragous style and dogedness or was it dodgyness No 46 will be on the podeum

;)

anyway does caseys mum know hes out and about - she'll be getting worried