is it me

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
aidybest
New Poster

is it me

Post by aidybest »

I know Im a bit of a slow typer but is the forum a bit slow at changing over too -

sradwxi
Veteran Poster

Post by sradwxi »

its fine for me, lol
no i have found the same thing, so have a few other people mentioned it, slow to upload pages etc,
carl
everything is true until you exceed the speed of light then light will distort and everything is wrong

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

We are try to resolve the slowness of the forum. I too am a really slow typer.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

sradwxi
Veteran Poster

Post by sradwxi »

im wondering if slowness is actually a real word or have you just made that up, either way its a good word :)
carl
everything is true until you exceed the speed of light then light will distort and everything is wrong

sradwxi
Veteran Poster

Post by sradwxi »

and for some reason aidy, as soon as u mentioned it its gone faster
cool,
carl

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

I think they migrated the server to Vista :(

Slower than molasses for both my system at home through Bellsouth's 6Mb/sec DSL and in here at work where we have 3 OC3's.

aidybest
New Poster

Post by aidybest »

Im currently typing at the speed of a striking slug as I know you all cant read very fast

slowness - a good word for the non existent word dictionary

still bleedin slow today tho

sradwxi
Veteran Poster

Post by sradwxi »

silver wrote:I think they migrated the server to Vista :(

Slower than molasses for both my system at home through Bellsouth's 6Mb/sec DSL and in here at work where we have 3 OC3's.
teracotta??????

aidybest
New Poster

Post by aidybest »

silver wrote:I think they migrated the server to Vista :(

Its all swaheli to me - sorry conveyed to all those swahellians reading this thread for the inacurracies in spelling but I couldnt be arsed to look it up in my atlas - I bet their PCs are slow too

sradwxi
Veteran Poster

Post by sradwxi »

Swahili (also called Kiswahili) is a Bantu language. It is the most widely spoken language of sub-Saharan Africa. Swahili is the mother tongue of the Swahili people (or Waswahili) who inhabit several large stretches of the Indian Ocean coastlines from southern Somalia as far south as Mozambique's border region with Tanzania
think of this next time u make little of the language
:) :) :) :)

aidybest
New Poster

Post by aidybest »

Carl - you are the wisest geezer i know - I now have something to resite to the teams in my pre safety brief tommorow as thought for the day - before they all depart to the suburbs of Bristol digging up the roads :) :) :) :)

but you would also know that - Swahili has become a lingua franca in much of East Africa and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and is now the only African language among official working languages of African Union. Kiswahili is also taught in major universities in the world, and several broadcasting stations such as BBC, Voice of America and Xinhua have Kiswahili programs

:poke :poke

sradwxi
Veteran Poster

Post by sradwxi »

well yeah i knew that but i was unsure of the significance to the thread
but now youve mentioned it i can see it is truly important
i really think that it is an undeniable truth that Arab and Persian cultures had the greatest influence on the Swahili culture and the Swahili language.
To demonstrate the contribution of each culture into the Swahili language, take an example of the numbers as they are spoken in Swahili.
"moja" = one, "mbili" = two, "tatu" = three, "nne" = four, "tano" = five, "nane" = eight, "kumi" = ten, are all of Bantu origin.
On the other hand there is "sita" = six, "saba" = seven and "tisa" = nine, that are borrowed from Arabic.
The Arabic word "tisa" actually replaced the Bantu word "kenda" for "nine". In some cases the word "kenda" is still used.
The Swahili words, "chai" = tea, "achari" = pickle, "serikali" = government, "diwani" = councillor, "sheha" = village councillor, are some of the words borrowed from Persian bearing testimony to the older connections with Persian merchants.

The Swahili language also absorbed words from the Portuguese who controlled the Swahili coastal towns (c. 1500-1700AD).
Some of the words that the Swahili language absorbed from the Portuguese include "leso" (handkerchief), "meza" (table), "gereza" (prison), "pesa" ('peso', money), etc. Swahili bull-fighting, still popular on the Pemba island, is also a Portuguese legacy from that period.
The Swahili language also borrowed some words from languages of the later colonial powers on the East African coast - English (British) and German.
Swahilized English words include "baiskeli" (bicycle), "basi" (bus), "penseli" (pencil), "mashine" (machine), "koti" (coat), etc. The Swahilized German words include "shule" for school and "hela" for a German coin.

some food for thought and some useful info too
carl

aidybest
New Poster

Post by aidybest »

Definately - can you imagine all those gangs jackhammering away thinking about these little gems
:banana :banana

o my god ive hijacked me own thread :hissy :hijack :hijack :hissy

bringing me back to my origional post - has your end speeded up yet - because mine certainly hasnt.......another blinding piece of grammer u will note :) :) :)

sradwxi
Veteran Poster

Post by sradwxi »

sometimes it goes slow sometimes its a bit faster, it took about 20-30 seconds to post a reply about half an hour ago, but the last one took about 5 (tano in swahili) seconds
carl

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

website has slowed to a snail's pace Image
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

aidybest
New Poster

Post by aidybest »

djalbin wrote:website has slowed to a snail's pace Image
that'll be makonokono enenzi 'snails pace'

me and carl will be eggsperts soon - farisi , :) :) :) :) :)

mYZF_750
Regular Poster

Surely it's not that cold there yet?

Post by mYZF_750 »

I know where this is going!

Ok, I won't call you surely again.

But really. It couldn't be that cold there yet could it? What brought on this onset of madness? Is it going to be permanent?

If it continues I might be forced to resort to some very drastic measures. That would be 30 Ounces or maybe even 45.

No, I've read enough and here goes.

I desperately need a new set of rings and a gasket set to get me on song again and if sufficient funding for this exercise isn't depositted into my account by the end of the month, then I'll :hijack this thread.

No more crazy stuff and no more threats, I'm deadly serious.

BTW, which encyclopedia are you using and what edition is it?

Mine is never slow and I never have any problems. It's just that when I'm at work I only got a dial up connection and my hair falls out and turns grey/white while I'm waiting

Brian
I'm here, I'm just not quite sure I know where here is?

hellraiser
New Poster

Post by hellraiser »

Bloody hell! Ya can tell Carls on here more! :whore

Aah so the madness begins! :Rolling :help

Wont be long before we're all infected! :scared

Rammalammafisfadge! :banana

aidybest
New Poster

Post by aidybest »

hellraiser wrote: :whore
in other words posta danguro