Brotherhood Gathering Fall 2008 - It's official!!!

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!

Would you go to MotoGP at Indy?

Yes!!!
54%
No
4%
Would like to...
38%
Need more info
4%

Total votes: 26

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Brotherhood Gathering Fall 2008 - It's official!!!

Post by orionburn »

***UPDATE 7/18/08***

Even though we fell short on ticket sales the rep was kind enough to still offer a few of the group perks to us. We will still get free parking for your motorcycle, souvenir discount, and the lap around the track if anybody makes down there by Thursday. For regular vehicles you will still have to purchase a permit. The free permit applies to bikes only.

***UPDATE 7/17/08***

Important update for anybody still planning to attend. The rep called me this afternoon and I turned in all the money that had been paid thus far. Everybody under the confirmed heading on the first page has their tickets taken care of. The tickets will be mailed out within the next two weeks. Once I get them I will mail them out to everybody.

Now, he can still keep the group "open" for a few more weeks. Anybody still wishing to purchase tickets will have to call the rep and order/pay for tickets directly through him. That means there is still a chance we could make the 20 mark, although I still think it's a long shot that we will.

If you are planning on bringing your bike to the race please remember that if we do not make the 20 mark you will have to get a parking permit for your bike, and that will need to be done on your own through the IMS ticket department. Anybody that is driving a car/truck/van/dumptruck will also need to purchase a parking permit for the weekend.

Anybody still wishing to buy a ticket can send me a PM and I will provide his contact information.

FINAL DAY TO SUBMIT PAYMENT IS JULY 18th The group buy is officially "canceled" but those that have paid will still get their tickets.

***UPDATE 1/28/08***

Talked with the Indy rep this morning. Sorry to say there still isn't a whole lot of new info to report on. Here's the only bit of info to pass on....

- Pit passes:Still being worked out. Currently they are talking about a special pit walkthrough on Thursday (prior to events starting on Friday) to allow people to see behind the scenes. I do not know if this is for everybody that has a ticket for the weekend, or for those that buy pit passes. It still looks that there will be no group discounts for pit passes. If you would like to purchase a pit pass you will need to do that on your own. Now you may be asking why don't I just get my own ticket then? Well, that's fine, but remember that if you do go that route you will be excluded from the group perks like the lap around the track, etc.

- Parking: If you are in the group buy your parking is covered for the weekend. HOWEVER, this is only during the day while track events are going on. After activities end for the day you will be required to purchase a separate parking pass for overnight parking (if you are staying at the track). Not really happy about this bit of info but nothing I can do about it. A 3-day parking pass will run between $20-40. The group parking is at a special lot close to the track that will be for the bikes only, so that is the one positive for the group buy.

- Invoices: They were supposed to go out in November, but it sounds like they are finally mailing them out in the next week or two. Even though they are sending them out payments will not be due until 2 months prior to the race (plan on paying sometime in July). Don't fret if you can't commit to the race at this point. If we need to add tickets all I have to do is call him and let him know how many more I need. They'll revise the invoice and resend it. After the money is collected and the invoice paid I'm not sure how that will work. I'm sure we can still include you in the group and most likely they will issue another invoice.

If you have any questions feel free to make a post and I will address them with the rep the next time I speak with him.

Thanks,

Nate

***UPDATE***

I am working on a possible deal for a group buy on tickets. There are a few perks to groups of 20 or more. I am currently finding out more details and information about this. If you are/were planning on applying for a ticket please contact me first via PM. The buy will be for general admission tickets only. Those are going for $75 each. There is no discount per ticket on a group buy, just some perks (details to come). Basically the group buy works like this - I commit to 20 tickets. They will call in October to confirm the number of tickets needed. If I can "sell" 20 tickets I will make the group purchase and you will make the payment through me.

You can still apply individually and cancel later if you want in on the group buy. I'll post more info as it becomes available. I'd like to get a little bit of a feeling as to how many of you are serious about going and to see if this group buy would work.

Pit passes will be coming, but no info yet. They are working out details on that as well. As far as I know those will have to be bought on your own. Can't tell you if a group gets any perks on that or not. I will post more info as it becomes available. Mark your calendars!!!

***UPDATE 5/7/08***

Finally talked with the rep today. Nothing much to update, but here's what I got:

Pit Passes - not a peep on those. Apparently the pit passes are more in the hands of the powers that be of GP rather than the crew at Indy. Passes will most be likely be available about 1-2 months prior to the race.

It isn't 100% confirmed, but close enough, to say that the Thursday prior to race weekend will be the day that they offer the lap around the track for the groups. I doubt that any of us are going to be able to take part in that, but not a huge deal.

A note on parking - if you are in the group you will get the V.I.P. parking for your motorcycle ONLY. This will not apply to cars. Parking for the weekend is $40 for a car. Since some of you are doing family trips I'll need to know who needs parking permits as well.

I had talked with Tim on going about doing a PayPal account like we did for the Laguna GP a few years back. I am unable to confirm the PayPal account since you cannot link a single bank account to two separate PayPal accounts. Tim said this didn't cause any issues so hopefully everybody is ok with this. Payments can be sent to Please PM me for further information

Payments must be made by 7/10/08. That is the due date on the invoice. Once I send in the payment the tickets will get mailed out to me, then in turn I will mail them to all the members attending the race. Again, tickets cost $75 and weekend parking permits are $40.

When making a payment please send me a PM letting me know to help keep things organized (I'll add a "paid" list to the first post on this thread). Also, please include your screen name in the notes section when sending a payment, along with what you are buying - number of tickets, permits, etc. I'm sure many of you would like to be able to make one payment that included the pit passes so it's no problem to wait until July. I wanted to get the account set up early so that if needed people can start making payments towards their costs ahead of time. I have no problems with anyone wanting to send in $20 a week until they're paid in full.

Official Site: http://www.redbullindianapolisgp.com/

Parking permits: https://imstix.brickyard.com/Parking/parkingStep1.aspx

Info on Indianapolis area: http://www.indy.org/

Indy Speedway info: http://www.brickyard.com/

Track layout (larger image): Map

Confirmed:
haunter - PAID (1 ticket)
orion - PAID (4 tickets)
fzrdude - PAID (1 ticket)
konto - PAID (2 tickets)
MsHap - PAID (1 ticket)
Hooligan 2
Last edited by orionburn on Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:16 am, edited 17 times in total.
Nate
1987 FZR1000 (Still with fairings!)
2003 Bandit 1200S (It didn't come with fairings!)
Image Image

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

I'm going to say I'm in.

It would be a "Brotherhood Gathering" so my wife says I can attend those. :banana

:rock
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

I would go to Indy to see this !

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

jjs777 wrote:I would go to Indy to see this !
If you fly into South Bend you can ride the Bandit down, but not the FZR. That's your punishment for making fun of my fairings :poke
Nate
Image Image

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

whoah is me...

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

jjs777 wrote:whoah is me...
And Rene will have to ride on the back.

Ok, I'd pay for your guys' plane tickets just to be able to take that photo. :poke
Nate
Image Image

barneyfzr600
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by barneyfzr600 »

I'd be up for it! Depending on my schedule next year!
Woot, I had a FZR1K.................now I got a '02 R1, but still lookin for the right EXUP......

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

I'm in. Definitely.

Cropover20
New Poster

Post by Cropover20 »

I'm in. And about riding on the back , at first I was like Hell No, but the thought of John on the back scares me.

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

Just no VA. With their new ticket system, its best to avoid Virginia all together. But closer to WI the better. But if you guys are thinking about coinciding this with a track day, Schedules usually come out around Dec. Road America doesnt allow camping for spectators except during big races like AMA, AMLS, etc.. But theres a bunch of campgrounds around it.

Blackhawk Farms you can camp.

Lots of nice roads in SW WI.
YZFRob

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

i'm game. seeing as how i now live in ohio (and can't wait to get back to the damn coast) it should be easy to make.

course, i would still like to see something happen this year, even if it is totally impromptu.
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

Nbot
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Nbot »

well shoot, that ain't so far away, I'd make it down too:)
Can anyone give me advice on how to create a sig? I can't for the life of me figure out how to do one.
~94 Fizzer Thou

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Where you been hiding Bot? Still doing track days on the SV?

haunter
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by haunter »

hell yeah, esp with no F1 that I planning on attending there next year :(.

Its close to the wedding date, but with tons of time to plan I can budget it in!
88 FZR 1000 - SuperTrap, K&N, FP kit - sold
90 FZR 1000 - 1040, Ohlins, 91 USD's...some other stuff - sold

93 FZR 600 - rat/cafe/POS/Trackbike Project
03 SV1000S - bye bye
06 R6 50th Anniversary - slip on, PCIII, race rails

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

Hooligan wrote:course, i would still like to see something happen this year, even if it is totally impromptu.
Anyone ever attend one of Barbers Vintage Festivals ? It's being held on October 19-21 this year.

http://www.barbermotorsports.com/events ... eneral.php

EDIT : Also the WERA Sportsman/Vintage Series is Sept. 22 ~ 23rd.

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

haunter wrote:Its close to the wedding date, but with tons of time to plan I can budget it in!
Nbot worked Laguna into his honeymoon :poke
Nate
Image Image

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

So Onion....... what kind of planning have you done for this Brotherhood Outing?

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/motogp_ ... s_id=20452

It's offical!! WOOT

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

orionburn wrote:
haunter wrote:Its close to the wedding date, but with tons of time to plan I can budget it in!
Nbot worked Laguna into his honeymoon :poke
So I wonder who's lapping who ? :banana

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

It also looks like the 125's and 250's will be there as well. That's the main reason I want to go!!!!!

http://www.redbullindianapolisgp.com/mo ... ickets.pdf

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

FZRDude wrote:It also looks like the 125's and 250's will be there as well. That's the main reason I want to go!!!!!

http://www.redbullindianapolisgp.com/mo ... ickets.pdf
So we all landing in the same seating area ? "STAND A PENTHOUSE" ???