Brotherhood Gathering Fall 2008 - It's official!!!

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!

Would you go to MotoGP at Indy?

Yes!!!
54%
No
4%
Would like to...
38%
Need more info
4%

Total votes: 26

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

I didn't even get a chance to talk to you. :sad After recovering from my mild heart attack walking up the 468 steps to get to you guys I could barely breath let alone speak. Then everybody ran off and had to go play catch up. Once I realized that we weren't going back up I was kicking myself in the ass. Was kind of hectic trying to keep up with everybody and having the family there too. My ass was so fried and tired by Saturday night that I didn't feel like doing crap. Definitely will plan better for next year and come more prepared.
Nate
1987 FZR1000 (Still with fairings!)
2003 Bandit 1200S (It didn't come with fairings!)
Image Image

haunter
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by haunter »

orionburn wrote:I didn't even get a chance to talk to you. :sad After recovering from my mild heart attack walking up the 468 steps to get to you guys I could barely breath let alone speak. Then everybody ran off and had to go play catch up. Once I realized that we weren't going back up I was kicking myself in the ass. Was kind of hectic trying to keep up with everybody and having the family there too. My ass was so fried and tired by Saturday night that I didn't feel like doing crap. Definitely will plan better for next year and come more prepared.
i hear ya

I called Mr. Tim a few times that afternoon but couldnt get him to pick up!

nice to see you though, and hooligan :D

that was wortdog that was sitting between me and tim
88 FZR 1000 - SuperTrap, K&N, FP kit - sold
90 FZR 1000 - 1040, Ohlins, 91 USD's...some other stuff - sold

93 FZR 600 - rat/cafe/POS/Trackbike Project
03 SV1000S - bye bye
06 R6 50th Anniversary - slip on, PCIII, race rails

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

Oh, crap, was it!? Now I really feel like a jackass. I really wanted to set up camp in the SW Vista for the races on Sunday but didn't come ready for that kind of rain & wind. Live and learn.... :hissy

Was looking at the GP website this morning....Nicky is going to Ducati next year - http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/Hayd ... i+for+2009

One question I never got figured out...what's with all the hatred for Pedrosa? Boy did the crowd boo when they called his name during the rundown of the starting grid. We saw a group of guys walking around with t-shirts that said "anyone but Pedrosa" with a picture of him in a circle with a line through it. Should have taken a picture of them cause it was funny as hell.
Nate
Image Image

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

Pedrosa is Mr. Personality.......................NOT

he gives you nothing in a press conference,, thnk my team, was a good race ,, i set a very good rythum.. Bla Bla BLa

he is the product of spanish money (Repsol) & clout (Alberto Puig)
I don't think he endeares himself to a crowd, and the fact he dicked a proud American like Nicky Hayden (Pedrosas move to Bridgestone) would not be popular in the USA

Don't get me wrong, he can ride like he stole it, he just has thesort of face you want to punch, .........that said, I'm looking foward to seeing him in action at Philip Island in a few weeks

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

Yoniboi
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Yoniboi »

My girlfriend's Spanish and she hates him. (Pedrosa).
Her favourite rider is Elias, after the first motoGP she ever watched (with me, in a bar, mid-ride, not long after we started going out) when he scrapped a win out of Rossi by pure pure balls out riding at Estoril in Portugal. What a race!
This last weekend she was rooting for Hayden, again because of the way he hung it all out trying to do you all justice. She likes Rossi, but was a bit miffed when he took the lead... "Oh, Rossi's going to win again? Oh, yeah, there he goes... what a shame" or something to that effect.
Me? I'm a Rossi fan. I'd like him to make his mark this year after the humble pie he had to eat because of Michelin these last two years... it'll be nice to see him win in 800s.
Mind, I'd like to see him suffer to repeat it next year. Here's to one make of tyres fits all and leave the prototypes up to the bike manufacters.

Johnn
If you're going to take a shot at me let me know so I can duck...!

haunter
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by haunter »

pedrossa also came supero close to ruining haydens championship making an ill fated overly aggressive passing attempt on his teammate, the points leader, in what, the second to last race of the season?

it was a stupid move only a POS 'teammate' would make with the stakes on the line

I don't even like Hayden much, hes bitchass wannabe ghetto white trash and I want to punch him in the face when he talks on TV cuz I think he makes all america look bad tromping around the world being the douche that he is, but he can ride, and what pedrobot did to him was BS

03 SV1000S - bye bye

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

I looked for you guys on TV ... didn't see any EXUPBrotherhood banners though. Not surprised - NBC coverage of MotoGP sucks. Dani on Bridgestones ... didn't do any better than when he was on Michelin. Now what's his excuse?
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

Anybody heard from Mr. Tim yet? We dropped him off at the car rental place after the race and wanted to make sure he made it down to his folks' house ok.
Nate
Image Image

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

Mark your calenders for next year boys and girls - Sunday, Aug. 30

Date may change, but nice to see they're moving it up a bit compared to this year.
Nate
Image Image

haunter
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by haunter »

orionburn wrote:Mark your calenders for next year boys and girls - Sunday, Aug. 30

Date may change, but nice to see they're moving it up a bit compared to this year.
I hope to be able to make it again

its a agood weekend for leverage as the 6th of Sept is my birthday and they seem to hover around it :D

03 SV1000S - bye bye

KontoBoy
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by KontoBoy »

I think part of the boo-ing for Perdorsa was in part from an article in the local paper that weekend. It talked about Nicky not being consulted or even informed on Pedrosa's unilateral decision to move to Bridgestone, Nicky being upsurped as the No. 1 Repsol rider after his championship, and a "literal wall" as Nicky put it between the Pedrosa and Hayden garages. In some respectsit sounds as if the boo-ing was just as muchfor Honda as it was Pedrosa.

Overall--yeah the weather sucked but it was still very cool to be there and great fun getting together with you guys. It's a great track with lots of nice places to watch and things to do, and you can tell they are determined to do what it takes to make it a premier MotoGP event.

Special thanks to Nate for his work in setting up the group buy.

Count me in for next year and I hope to get there even earlier so I can do the pit walk and lap around the track.

Kontoboy

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

Just don't park your bike in the Ducati parking area. It may blow over with the other bikes.

Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

KontoBoy
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by KontoBoy »

Oh man that sucks....

I was kind of pissed thye cancelled the 250 until I was riding back to the hotel on after the races. The cross wind was scary as hell doing just 50 mph on a 500 pound bike. Going 150+ mph on a racing 250--no way.

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

KontoBoy wrote:Oh man that sucks....

I was kind of pissed thye cancelled the 250 until I was riding back to the hotel on after the races. The cross wind was scary as hell doing just 50 mph on a 500 pound bike. Going 150+ mph on a racing 250--no way.
Hell it was scary driving the damn van home! Lot of power was out on the north side of town, passed one SUV that had rolled over along the highway. Definitely was not bike friendly weather.

That picture of the Ducs is crazy. I give the guys credit for enduring the weather while they could to let the fans see the race. And to think NASCAR stops a race after a few raindrops hit :roll:
Nate
Image Image

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad