Race on Sunday

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
FZRDude
Co-Admin

Race on Sunday

Post by FZRDude »

Anyone watch the race @ Phillip Island today?

The start of Race 1 was brutal!! Dude's Boot came of in a crash on the starting line. When I say came off, I mean it CAME OFF and went flying some 300 feet.....

So then they Red flag the race and there's another horrific accident before everyone stops.

Biaggi crashes twice, once in each race. The second was quite spectaular.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

How big was Biaggi's crash at turn 1, was down there on saturday and they were doing about 290kph at the 100 metre mark, he was very lucky to get away without serious injury

Ant West crashed his 250GP bike in a silimar manner at that turn and ripped his lethers open on the gravel, can you imaging the gravel rash he must have had

The wsbk at the island is always a great weekend, was great to watch Bayliss get pole with a lap record

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

boz
Veteran Poster

Re: Race on Sunday

Post by boz »

FZRDude wrote:Anyone watch the race @ Phillip Island today?

The start of Race 1 was brutal!! Dude's Boot came of in a crash on the starting line. When I say came off, I mean it CAME OFF and went flying some 300 feet.....
Unfortunately didn't make it trackside this year and watched on TV. Much better views from TV, but none of the atmosphere...

The most impressive part is fabrizio (who had boot taken off) coming back for a 3rd in that race after the restart! THe pain he must have had throughout the race. Then the second race riders are all complaining of being held at line too long - several ride-through penalties as a result which put a bit of a damper on the race. Still great to watch.

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

I was there, it was amazing! I was right in front of Checa when he came off... wow.
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

How far did it go?

I mean think about how well everyone's riding boots fit. Now think about how a Pro Racers boots would fit. NOW visualize that boot getting launched OFF your/his foot.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad