jjs777

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
jjs777
Co-Admin

jjs777

Post by jjs777 »

sorry folks...havent been around much lately due to personal reasons (family matters) and basically just depressed since jan 1st - havent ridden in about ...heck maybe a year

for those that have loyal and loving wives take the time to tell them so and dont take things for granted

for anyone having been married for a long time...congrats...its certainly not easy

for those of you I havent talked to in a while my bad - I suck...but then I been gettn alot of that lately :)

I suppose my life doesnt suck all that bad - I have my two little girls and even the wife whom I love and cherish despite uncertainty with the latter

after reassesing certain things work and hobbies although important dont compare to family

~ later ~

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

Good to hear from you, John. Don't know what all has been going on but good luck & best wishes.
:cheers
Nate
1987 FZR1000 (Still with fairings!)
2003 Bandit 1200S (It didn't come with fairings!)
Image Image

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Nice to have you cheking in every once and a while. Call me any time.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Hey John,

Sorry to hear you're in a bad place. I have two excellent children and an incredible wife myself, sometimes, it doesn't seem like enough for me. Having not worked since October of 2003, going through 3 back surgeries, and 2 years of Computer Systems school, depression has certainly found it's way into my life since about the same time. (Not to mention a childhood history that reads like a cross between a Steven King novel and a bloody soap opera.)

Really I think it was sooner but I finally admitted it myself just this year and asked the doctor for some happy pills. She was more than happy and in fact was surprised it took me so long to ask and prescribed a great drug called Efexor or Novo Venlafaxine. Definitely helped with my motivation somewhat and my mood, I'm just increasing my dosage from 75mg to 150mg and it takes a while to settle in to your system before it reaches full effectiveness.

If it makes you feel any better I haven't ridden myself since I found the exploded clutch fibre in my cases last February, unless of course, you count my scooter as riding, LOL!?
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

genesis_rider
Veteran Poster

Post by genesis_rider »

SCOOTERS ARE BIKES 2 ;)

nice hearin from ya jjs, havnt gotten a chance to really meet you yet but i definitaly send my best with the rough times, ive seen rough before and its certainly no fun.

thoughts are with ya man
- Portholes (Bootcamp nickname)

05 Kawasaki Ninja 250EX (first bike)
90 Yamaha FZR 1000 (first real bike)

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

Same here John. Call anytime.
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

Spring is coming John ! Take the time to take the family out for a picnic of something. I just bought my 2 heathens bubble wands and kites and we're ready for the weekend. It's lookin' good !

Best wishes and Dew-Drop-In anytime !
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.

genesis_rider
Veteran Poster

Post by genesis_rider »

"my 2 heathens" lol couldnt help but smile there :)
- Portholes (Bootcamp nickname)

05 Kawasaki Ninja 250EX (first bike)
90 Yamaha FZR 1000 (first real bike)