1995-96 YZF question....PLEASE LOOK HERE AND HELP ME OUT!

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
matador0310
New Poster

1995-96 YZF question....PLEASE LOOK HERE AND HELP ME OUT!

Post by matador0310 »

I have a 96 with bent forks...bought it that way...need new ones..where can I get these...? I cant find any on ebay, is there any other bike that the forks are compatible 100% ...i have a 94 750 im parting out and i tryed them...the bolt that goes to the triples doesnt line up, its to short..and the tripple trees are to small on the 600 to hold the 750...so is the r6 similiar..any other bike like the fzr600 ???

question 2- I need palstics desprately...the 750 headlight fairin fit the bike perfectly, but the sides and the bottom do not, the tails are interchangeable 10% as well as the swingarm. So where can i get stock or any other side fairings or whole kit reasonlbly priced for a 95-96 600 yzf?

question #3 - my tire right now is like a 160zr50r17 something like that... is there any way i can mod it to hold the 180zr55r17 from the 750 i have that bigger to make the chain and stuff line up correctly..?

question4- anyone have a list somewhere of what is interchangeable from the 94 750 to the 95-96 600 yzf????

question5- I wopuld love to find some r1 or some r6 fairings..do any of them fit, because I saw an fzr600 modd kit or whatever on airtech-streamline.com where they made a kit of plastics that bolt right up to the fzr600 and it made it look like and r1 other then the euro light, will that kit work on my 96 yzf?

so question 7 is i guess is the 96 fzr 600 and 96 yzf 600 the compaitble between plastics?????

Thanks os much to anyone whom can answer someor all of these questions...i want to keep this project bike as i worked so hard swaping parts to make it run and id love to finish the projoect and get you guys some pictures here...as for now to do my part ill post up a list of parts that are interchangable....thanks again for any help and sorry for the long post lol

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Re: 1995-96 YZF question....PLEASE LOOK HERE AND HELP ME OUT

Post by YZFRob »

matador0310 wrote:I have a 96 with bent forks...bought it that way...need new ones..where can I get these...? I cant find any on ebay, is there any other bike that the forks are compatible 100% ...i have a 94 750 im parting out and i tryed them...the bolt that goes to the triples doesnt line up, its to short..and the tripple trees are to small on the 600 to hold the 750...so is the r6 similiar..any other bike like the fzr600 ???

yzf600r forks up to the end of production (2005 or so) 'should' fit since all they changed pretty much in 97 was the body. Not sure if theirs any other bikes that the forks will interchange though. Even if teh uppers are the same diameter as your's, their lengths may be different.
question 2- I need palstics desprately...the 750 headlight fairin fit the bike perfectly, but the sides and the bottom do not, the tails are interchangeable 10% as well as the swingarm. So where can i get stock or any other side fairings or whole kit reasonlbly priced for a 95-96 600 yzf?
May want to try airtech, lockhark philips, sharkskins for lower plastic. The swingarm of a YZF600 isnt interchangable to a 750's without alot of machining.
question #3 - my tire right now is like a 160zr50r17 something like that... is there any way i can mod it to hold the 180zr55r17 from the 750 i have that bigger to make the chain and stuff line up correctly..?
Bike was designed to handle properly with the 160/60. a 180/55 on it will make it turn slow as hell. If you try to put a 180 on a rim designed for a 160 you'll dramatically changed teh shape of the tire giving it spooky handling. But you would have to either find a rim that is 5.5-6" wide that will fit you axle, make spacers, modify the brake mount or buy a complete 750 swingarm, modify the swingarm/pivot mount and move the countershaft sprocket out a bit to align the chain. Honestly theres no advantage to putting a 180 on a bike designed for a 160 other than looks.
question4- anyone have a list somewhere of what is interchangeable from the 94 750 to the 95-96 600 yzf????
AFAIK most the bodywork is interchangable. upper fairing, gas tank, tail, lights, seats, rear seat mounts and mirrors. Side fairing and belly wont due to the differences in the motor.
question5- I wopuld love to find some r1 or some r6 fairings..do any of them fit, because I saw an fzr600 modd kit or whatever on airtech-streamline.com where they made a kit of plastics that bolt right up to the fzr600 and it made it look like and r1 other then the euro light, will that kit work on my 96 yzf?
If you work at it, you could put whatever bodywork you want on it. But again, you will be fabricating brackets and such.
so question 7 is i guess is the 96 fzr 600 and 96 yzf 600 the compaitble between plastics?????
Not directly. 2 totally different bikes. Again you could if you wanted to, but results arent a guarantee.
YZFRob

matador0310
New Poster

thanks so much ...

Post by matador0310 »

thanks for all the info ...much appreciated..i was gettting nervous nobody would answer me...I get all that you said but the clarity on the forks and plastics id like to go further into detail. My bike was produced in 9/95 but title says 96. So i guess i can just start saying its a 95 to clarify when i want parts for it? see the front plastic was interechageble, til i was driving around a hard corner and turning the wheel and the side of the fairing started to cut into my knuck on the grips...i pulled to replacement parts photos and relized the bolts line up, but they are infact different as the 750 is lower and further toward the driver and the 600 is higher and allows for the turning under the windscreen with no interfearnce...guess that means the yzf 750 fairings are going on ebay this week. I have three main concerns....please help if you could....

1. the forks on my bike are slightly bent...bought that way..need replacements...which exact year will match up 100% so i can start searching? I dont want to order r6 forks and have them not fit the triple..see i tryed to bolt up the 94 750s tripples and bearings and bolt through the tripple, it was alot shorter and didnt match, and the clip ons for the 750 were much larger. So its gotta be a small size, and my forks are the opposite of normal, the bottom of the forks receive the top of the fork....if you go to bikepics.com and browse through 95-96 pics you can find what im talking about...seems like yamaha experimented for a year or something, so i wonder if anyone knows ..could i use a regular fork assembly with no trouble changing them out, the bolts and bearings, diamiters will all line up and stuff fro a 97 600 or later? I dont mind the forks a few inches shorter or longer really, as long as they will slide in that small clip on and thripple bolt will be correct.

2. Plastics-like i was saying...the upper plastic for the headlight goes on...but its all wrong ans would have to be cut...the side farings go on but cant be screwed in without wwitching the hoels and cutting out extra spots for the engine, tail is exact match and much bettter tail was on the 750 so i lucked out there...so I guess I could use an after market race set and cut in lights, just gonna be a pain and i wanted it ready asap so i can get it inspected and ride it here in MA as the rules are strick. Do you know anywhere to get ethe stock fairings? Found a guy with a right fairing, i found a stock upper, but i need a lower fairing, rleft side fairing, as well as the radiator shroud possibly and the front tire fairing...? Any help on stock parts onther then yamaha ? got any extras anyone...i can do body work! or trade you for 750 parts even!

3. I also was looking to see if there is a link ive heard members talking about but never could find yet as to a walk through on how to properly clean and or sync your carbs...and maybe even jet kit them while doing so..id like to learn and mine are all wierd...i have no filter and it just runs crazy all over the place so i need to buy a snyc tool and find a way to clean and jet the carbs for perfection.

4.you were right about the swingarrm...i wrotethe wrong word...i meant the tail, subframe and plastics and the underatail were all interechangable to the 750 completely ... no modifications needed. I was really looking into extending the swing arm and using a 180 tire...but i think ill go with waht you said and keep it at the 160 since tis what is best for the bike adn handling as well...i thought bigger was better up to 180 but that must not be true. Again thanks for all your help with these answer guys! so much help and it lets me keep my bike

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

A bike made late in the year (as in sept) is considered a model for the next year. Cars do the same. Your bike was built 9/95 but is a 96 model. Common practice with motor vehicles. 95-96 YZF600 are identical other than graphics.

YZF750 forks are upside down forks. The slider is on the wheel side where as conventional forks the slider tube is mounted to the triples.

Even when my 750 had the stock clipons it would be real close to the upper when at full lock. That was fixed with Vortex clipons that I could set to my preference. I bet your fairing stays for the upper may be bent just so slightly.

Best place (and cheapest forOEM stuff) is www.bikebandit.com
YZFRob

matador0310
New Poster

hey

Post by matador0310 »

i checked that bike bandit out, seems like each side plastcis is like $420, the lower fairing $337, and the radiation shroud is like $238 nevermind id still need the front fender and the upper fender which is $278 . were talking $1700 or more with the front fender!!! Thats too much money, im not sre my bike with the plastics on is even worth that much or whatever....guess i gotta go race fairings and try to cut them in and get them to fit ....i hate fighting with stuff..i got a guy like i said selling the right side and the front head light..just need to find a left side, bottom and front tire fairing now....

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

Try ebay also. Also maybe try WERA racings board or CCS Forums and see if theres anyone selling stock bodywork. Probably is a long shot though for any YZF600R, but you never know. [/url]
YZFRob

matador0310
New Poster

thanks

Post by matador0310 »

yeah ill try those i guess, id love to find the plastics im dying to get this bike insured and regstered, but i need those plastics to do so, such a hassle..i got 2 things im still looking for, to save money ill get the racing plastics and cut in the lights, if I do this, can i pick up a 97 single light and that would be easier or should i stick with the 9-96double light? also is ther any walk through on how to cut in lights on racing plastics so you dont fuc it up? i guess you only get one shot at it and i dont want it to look shitty...as well is there a walk thrugh on cleaning the carbs, sycing them and maybe installing a jet kit???
thanks for everything...i have to find out where all the mombers here live, maybe someone is close that has already gone through all this crap that i can ride wth and get sugestions from...thanks again

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Re: thanks

Post by FZRDude »

matador0310 wrote:....i have to find out where all the mombers here live, maybe someone is close that has already gone through all this crap that i can ride wth and get sugestions from...
Look hereand where do you live?
matador0310 wrote:....can i pick up a 97 single light and that would be easier or should i stick with the 9-96double light?....
Depends on which one you like better. Of course if you go with a single, you'll have to spend the money to get the housing...
matador0310 wrote:....as well is there a walk thrugh on cleaning the carbs, sycing them and maybe installing a jet kit????
Tried the search feature? cruise over to he Tech Section and do some reading. You should find a ton of info about doing the carbs on the 750's and 1000's, but the process is the same. The info I don't recall seeing was float height on the 600's, so.......
matador0310 wrote:...also is ther any walk through on how to cut in lights on racing plastics so you dont fuc it up? i guess you only get one shot at it and i dont want it to look shitty...
A dremel tool and NO COFFEE!!!
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

matador0310
New Poster

thanks again,,ol

Post by matador0310 »

so, just for reference ...i got a few links from you to find plastics b4 or whatever...the airtech-streamline.com plastics are a 1 piece race upper..which is definitly nice but im wonder how much harder it woudl be to custom cut the holes with that bulky a pice of plastic or whatever...so do you think ther seperate pieces from the sharkskinz.com that is a 2 piece 1 upper 1 lower..or the there was another good site you said that linked lie, the upper, sides, and the lower all seperate? I think ill go with lights off another bike if i can...i gotta find brackets that will fit and then lights that will fit..and if it getss to be too much ill just go stock with 2 lights...i did find a nice carb walk through...almost told you the complete jet kit instalation then stopped...and didnt say what stage jet kit...iver heard of jet kit and stage 3 jet kit tossed arround,...whats differnece? and was wonderin if yo might look at these two links and let me know which tool i should get to sync with ..im too dumb to go homeade id screw it up porlly...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTORCYC ... enameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carburet ... enameZWD1V

I see the second one but it has randow number and letters in the name like it goes only to certain bikes? is that the case with these cause i didnt see ay that said they only sync or do sync yamaha or yzf anything...any info on this??? Jeez after all this help im gonna have to send spare parts or something cheap or fee depending lol

Yoniboi
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Yoniboi »

They sell the 58$ one in my local bike shop for 150€. I was gonna get one and passed on it. if you take the bike to your local dealer with the plastics off they charge around 60 bucks, and it should only need doing each valve job, so unless you're commuting on the bike, or you have a lot of mates who rely on you to do their spannering, it'd take a while to pay for itself at taht price. 60 bucks sounds good though.

Cheers,
John
If you're going to take a shot at me let me know so I can duck...!

haunter
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by haunter »

I was told the foxeye YZF600 stuff goes onto a round eye'd FZR600 with ease so maybe it works both ways, no idea though
88 FZR 1000 - SuperTrap, K&N, FP kit - sold
90 FZR 1000 - 1040, Ohlins, 91 USD's...some other stuff - sold

93 FZR 600 - rat/cafe/POS/Trackbike Project
03 SV1000S - bye bye
06 R6 50th Anniversary - slip on, PCIII, race rails