The Best turnlamp flasher

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
MsHap
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

The Best turnlamp flasher

Post by MsHap »

Everyone may have already found something like this but up to now I have always had to wire in resistors to get the leds to blink on my bikes with 4 led turnlamps.
I tried lots of flashers and even modified a few.

This one worked out of the box.
http://www.customdynamics.com/trick_flasher.htm

I am just so happy with it. I had to share :)
My Name is Chrissy
This is Jello

"A total lack of self peservation is good for about another 30HP" Confusious

MsHap
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by MsHap »

I ran all new wires on Jello (silver coated teflon) and I never really thought about it but the headlamp power runs to a set of crappy contacts on the starter switch.

I have a headlamp relay up front that is dpdt normally headlamp power and when energized it turns the HIDs off and the blue angel eyes on. :)
I have a switch. For like posing or for kids in cars or to make her look mad.

Anyway, the starter really is normally closed so that would not work to turn my headlamps off so I ran a 14ga wire from the starter side of the starter solenoid with a diode on it. so when I push the starter power runs up to my headlamp relay and turns off the HIDs :) and the diode is just to keep the current one way if I use the switch to turn on the angel eyes :)

Now the headlamps are getting fed from a straight run of 10ga wire and I get no voltage drop.
My Name is Chrissy
This is Jello

"A total lack of self peservation is good for about another 30HP" Confusious

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

Have you ever thought of being an electrician ?
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.

gane
Veteran Poster

flashers

Post by gane »

Chrissy and all. have played the game w/led t/s's also. have installed 3 of Badlands load equalizers , LE-01 and they also do what they should. wiring is painless and flash rate is as stock. wires are of old school diameters and unit is a little smaller than a box of ALTOIDS. their address is www.badlandsmotorcycleproducts.com while not a fan of most aftermarket flashers, (spindly or of camper design) at least this unit allows a normal flash rate instead of that of cardiac arrest. G Oh yeah, runs about $ 30.00.
G
"just because You think everyone's against you, it only means your' paranoid. " not that your' wrong."