Racer Bill Recruiting Vintage Yamahas for AMA at VIR

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
KontoBoy
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Racer Bill Recruiting Vintage Yamahas for AMA at VIR

Post by KontoBoy »

Got a call from Racer Bill (Bill Brown) recruiting vintage Yammies to participate in a Yamaha event at VIR during the AMA races the weekend of the 16th. Not only do you get to ride the track and hang out with some fun people and see some great bikes, a couple free passes are included.

Looks like I won't be participating because dammit, I still don't have my motor back from Dutchman!

PM if you might be interested and we'll get you some contact info.

Kontoboy

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

How old is "vintage" ? I have have a XS750 if anyone's interested in getting her running again.
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

Are YZF750's vintage yet? :P
YZFRob

pacer
Veteran Poster

Post by pacer »

If someone needs a vintage ride I have one that I am contemplating selling. I need to slim down my fleet. One is gone, a guy is coming tomorrow to look at another, and two more are on craigslist. It is an 87 FZR750 that spent 87 and 88 racing AMA. OWO1 cams, 38mm flat slides, full Yosh exhaust, Olins shock etc. It is the bike in my avatar. I don't want to sell this one, but might have to. :cry: I even have a crate, and would drop off at forward air.
There is always free cheese in a mouse trap.
97 YZF750

haunter
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by haunter »

oh that sucks pacer shes a beauty!

I'm way too far from VIR and not good enough anyways :sad
88 FZR 1000 - SuperTrap, K&N, FP kit - sold
90 FZR 1000 - 1040, Ohlins, 91 USD's...some other stuff - sold

93 FZR 600 - rat/cafe/POS/Trackbike Project
03 SV1000S - bye bye
06 R6 50th Anniversary - slip on, PCIII, race rails

KontoBoy
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by KontoBoy »

YZF750s are fine and I'm sure anything older is fine too. I don't have a lot of details, but as descirbed to me it is more of an exhibition gentleman's race--no block pacing or rubbing plastics, which would probably make me crap my pants. No prizes either--just for fun.

Got a call from Duthcman today and he said he'd try and get my motor done in time--we'll see. Guess I need to get back to work on the glass and chassis again.

Kontoboy