I know it ain't a Yamaha, but...

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
billruiz
Regular Poster

I know it ain't a Yamaha, but...

Post by billruiz »

I'm currently in the early stages of negotiation for a new bike...an italian bike that begins with "D" and ends with "ucati Monster S4RS Tricolore." I've been secretly coveting a Monster for some time. When the Hypermotard came out, I thought I wanted one, but the Monster really gets to me. I offered the salesdude 15K out the door, but he didn't want to bargain over the phone. I'm prepared to pay cash up front. Do y'all think 15K out the door is a good deal?

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

Ummmm....
Yes!
I'm lusting over a 1098s myself.
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

billruiz
Regular Poster

Post by billruiz »

I got to sit both the 1098 and 1098S. I was expecting really racy ergos, but maybe it's because I'm a shrimp. They felt a lot like my 99 R6. My FZR is less comfy. The dealership did have a 1098R is stock, but NO ONE was sitting on that.

After sleeping on it, I'm having a few misgivings about this Monster Tricolore. I like my bikes to look good, but this bike just says, "Look at me," or "Please steal me and don't steal the rider's cellphone so he can call for a ride." I wonder if there are any 07 S4RS in Ducati RED still available...or I can start taking Kung Fu.

straygator
Veteran Poster

Post by straygator »

Just bought a SV650 from Gengras Motorcycles (dealers of both Ducs and Trumps) and I asked the guys there how the nakeds compared and they said NOTHING compares to the SpeedTriple !!! Sometime in August the Triumph factory truck is coming and EVERYBODY can test ride any of their bikes. Sooo if your anywhere near Hartford, CT drop in. I'm going to try, so I can test that Rocket III, those 675's and of course a Speedtriple. Oh and they also said the Ducati people plan the same kind of thing. I asked if I could ride the MOTO Duc and they said NO ... but I could ride the 1098 and the rest of their production lineup.

Paul

billruiz
Regular Poster

Post by billruiz »

Do you know when in August? I'm taking a trip out to Burningman in late August. I might be able to make a trip out to WPB from LArgo.

Well the Tampa dealer flat out turned down my cash offer of 15K for the S4RS TriColore. Besides, he sold the one in stock to a guy who bought it for his wife! The other salesperson knows the buyers. She thinks there might be a good chance the Monster comes back to them assuming the wife doesn't kill the husband. Ah well. Maybe my poser dreams are just that: dreams. I'm gonna go look at an Aprilia Tuono R later today.