Help with eBay parts and post from US East Coast

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Help with eBay parts and post from US East Coast

Post by spook »

There is a US ebay item I want to bid on in the next 24 hours, but the seller Cycle Pros Salvage, Bridgewater, MA will not post overseas, and unless I get to talk with him tonight (east coat morning time) I'm stuffed :cry:

I have emailed him to ask if he is happy for me to bid if I have it shipped to an address in the US.

Is there anyone who would be happy to either

1: to have it sent to them and then ship it over to me in Australia? (Same as posting locally other than address and a one minute customs declaration)

2: (If he blocks me from bidding) Bid on it then as above

I will of course send money directly to you via payPal? or however you like, to cover costs, and a bottle of what ever you like :)

The part will assist us all in the knowledge base stakes once We have it!

I'll go on the record now also. If anyone from the Hood needs something similar done in reverse I would be very happy to do the same at no cost :)

Let me know if you think you can help. Cheers :)

97YZF1000
Veteran Poster

Re: Help with eBay parts and post from US East Coast

Post by 97YZF1000 »

spook wrote:There is a US ebay item I want to bid on in the next 24 hours, but the seller Cycle Pros Salvage, Bridgewater, MA will not post overseas, and unless I get to talk with him tonight (east coat morning time) I'm stuffed :cry:

I have emailed him to ask if he is happy for me to bid if I have it shipped to an address in the US.

Is there anyone who would be happy to either

1: to have it sent to them and then ship it over to me in Australia? (Same as posting locally other than address and a one minute customs declaration)

2: (If he blocks me from bidding) Bid on it then as above

I will of course send money directly to you via payPal? or however you like, to cover costs, and a bottle of what ever you like :)

The part will assist us all in the knowledge base stakes once We have it!

I'll go on the record now also. If anyone from the Hood needs something similar done in reverse I would be very happy to do the same at no cost :)

Let me know if you think you can help. Cheers :)
Hey, I would be happy to help you. I'm in NJ, which is not too far from MA. Probably the easiest thing would be for me to just buy the item and then ship it to you. Then you can just send me the money for the part + shipping via PayPal. Do you want to go that route? If so send me an email with the item number, tmarquez1@aol.com.

spook

Post by spook »

That would be great! Actually better.. Awesome!

The item and number is

Item number: 190305704874
06 07 YAMAHA YZF R6R R6 R CLUTCH BASKET PLATES HUBS

Slipper clutch..... :) With view of fitment to our (FZ-YZF engines) :)

You can check out postage rates etc with out an unnecessary trip to the post office at this link, I think you can also find the customs declaration form as well. I worked in the US for a few years so know the process well!

http://ircalc.usps.gov/default.aspx?Mod ... &CID=10013

I'll send you an email to your personal address. Thanks again,
Ralph.

97YZF1000
Veteran Poster

Post by 97YZF1000 »

Got your email and replied to it.

Yoniboi
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Yoniboi »

Don't you just love this board :banana

Nice one tmarquez

John
If you're going to take a shot at me let me know so I can duck...!

spook

Post by spook »

Yep, sure do Yoniboi :) We are bidding at this very moment! Thanks heaps Tony. Cheers,
Ralph

97YZF1000
Veteran Poster

Post by 97YZF1000 »

Always glad to help a forum member. I've only been around here for a short time, but have learned a lot on this forum. Let's just hope I can win the part...

Tony

spook

Post by spook »

No pressure... :) You can probably go an extra 20 on what we discussed Tony.... It would be great if the part does just bolt up as alleged, as i said to Cam in a pm, this is the only way you will really find out the realities. Looking at the parts manuals I'm not convinced, but hopefully we will find out shortly. Cheers.

spook

Post by spook »

Winners!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a bunch Tony. Tony stayed up until auction end (lol) Make sure you add a bottle of whatever you like to the final amount! Thanks again,
Ralph :)

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

Well done that man :banana :banana
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

spook

Post by spook »

Let the science experiment begin :) You home Stan?

97YZF1000
Veteran Poster

Post by 97YZF1000 »

spook wrote:Winners!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a bunch Tony. Tony stayed up until auction end (lol) Make sure you add a bottle of whatever you like to the final amount! Thanks again,
Ralph :)
Yea, I stayed up, but I really didn't have to. Anyway sleep is overrated :). I just sent payment to the vendor so now I just wait for the parts.

spook

Post by spook »

Let me know as soon as you need some $$. I have checked and I still have a functioning pay pal account, don't forget to figure any charges they might slug you and a bottle of whatever. I owe you one for sure Tony :cheers

MsHap
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by MsHap »

I am so sorry. I did not see this post till now. I live in Rhode Island but I work in Massachusetts. I could have picked it up.

they are like 45 minutes from me and that is on my way to cape cod and I even go to a stunt spot right there off 24!
My Name is Chrissy
This is Jello

"A total lack of self peservation is good for about another 30HP" Confusious

MsHap
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by MsHap »

Let us know how it fits. :)

tons of parts fit tons of bikes that are not listed as compatible
Like back home if I was really wanting some aftermarket part for one of my bikes and it was not listed as fitting by the manufacturer I would find someone I know with a bike that was and see if our parts were the same.

So many times parts worked and if you even call someone they just look at the list and say no. Would not companies want to make as much as possible?

Totally not really what this post was about but as hard as it is to believe I am drunk again! :)
Last edited by MsHap on Thu May 14, 2009 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Name is Chrissy
This is Jello

"A total lack of self peservation is good for about another 30HP" Confusious

spook

Post by spook »

MsHap wrote:I live in Rhode Island but I work in Massachusetts.
No worries HsHap. Tony has graciously taken the job of helping me... One hell of a nice guy! It would be great to just turn up at a bar one day and have every one from the Hood there! I would like to buy a round... Not only for the advice and help, but for the laughs as well :) If you happen to speak to Tom at Cyle Pro, could you make a point of mentioning he should have shipped to the guy in Australia :) I'm wanting to stir him up a bit! And get your friends to ring and then say... I hear you don't ship to Australia!

Yes! regarding the clutch, once i have it and have worked out if it fits or not, of course I will post the results... I'll probably need some help working it out anyway! I've got a feeling they may be hard to get for a little while :)

Your going to have to explain the glitter death? Was his name Gary?