EXUP cabling

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
akcribs
New Poster

EXUP cabling

Post by akcribs »

I need a picture or direction on attaching the cables to the EXUP mechanism. Help! <p></p><i></i>

akcribs
New Poster

1990 FZR1000 EXUP adjustment > more power

Post by akcribs »

OK. It wasn't hard to figure out how the cables went after all. Top to top. Bottom to botton. <br>How ever. I played with the adjustments since the cables were a bit loose. I tightened the top cable which open the EXUP valve past what looked like the "HOME" position. What followed was a test ride that blew me away. I could barely keep the front wheel down. I decided to "OPEN" him up a little more and man!!! This is the fast thing I have ever ridden. I have had the bike for over a year and had no idea it could move like that. Is there anything I need to be concerned about. I want to play with it to find an optimum. IS THERE ANYTHING I SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT. Also. What if I opened it up all the way and clamped it in to that position. It sound scary but I am really curious. <p></p><i></i>

flyingcircus68
Veteran Poster

Re: 1990 FZR1000 EXUP adjustment > more power

Post by flyingcircus68 »

If your cabling is not adusted right and your butterfly plates are open more than they should be, you will probably see a dip in the power curve. This dip could make it feel more powerful if the torque comes on aburptly. Don't confuse an abrupt power delivery with a monster output. I don't know what you have now versus what you had, so you indeed might be experiencing a great running bike which far outperforms its former self. I just want to help you correctly assess where you stand. As far as adjusting cables is concerned, I believe you need to take the lower cover off, and stick a drill bit in a hole on the bell crank while that hole is aligned with the hole in the housing. you then need to adjust both cables to take up the slack, without tightening them up like guitar strings. <p></p><i></i>