Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
big1
New Poster

Post by big1 »

looking through old post has anyone finished an 1125 and got it up and running . if so has any got anymore information

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

from my poking around, difficult to find parts for nowadays. There is allegedley even a larger kit available but suffers from the same. If you do manage to find them, they aren't cheap either.

As far as reliability goes, as long as compression is kept near stock or not much higher than, they can be a reliable motor. Seeking stratospheric compression rates is asking to rebuild bianually.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

So are we talking about stroked cranks?

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

One of our members, from Italy, has one if I remember correctly.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

Spook, do a google on superbikemike . He has big kits for the thou (1170?) that have a new block and pistons, offset to the outside to make more room for the big bore. Lovely but not cheap. Like, you could almost buy a zx14 ninja for the money, certainly a zx12. Still I gotta applaud his guts for making pistons that are offset to the conrod! Might want a stroked crank and some carillo rods to go with that I reckon.
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

big1
New Poster

Post by big1 »

every time i try to get the link to superbike mike web site its a dead link

spook

Post by spook »

I'd love to see someone have a go, however it's not something I'm interested in personally. I think the 1040-70 is the best base for one of these engines from a power-reliability and $-power stand point.

Stroking is pretty easy to do in small amounts, just grind the big end bearing journal to a smaller diameter essentially moving it's centre point further to the outside, and increasing the stroke as a result. Downside is you weaken the crank, and need to find rods with a smaller big end to suit.

I guess you could easily have the bearings built up and re-ground to the outside, you would need to have the crank de-stressed or normalised some how, but it could be done :) Rod to case clearance may be an issue?

Keep us posted with your findings!

spook

Post by spook »

hotcam wrote:Spook, do a google on superbikemike
I just did Cam... ouch! he hasn't made many friends around the traps :roll:

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

I think Ernest story to tell of SuperBikeMike I think, but I'm not sure if that's the dude or not? Ernest?

Not sure if you'd have to do all your talking about to stroke Spook. As I understand what Falicon does, they just reset the conrod journals further out from centre of their original position and make sure it's got same strenth to boot. Then a spacer has to built as obviously the old barrels will need to be longer in order to allow valve clearances.

I had thought about it but decided against it as I'm already well over budget with just my 1070 build and complexity, although the engine isn't the only thing being changed but I'll easily have well over 3K in just the engine alone and I was trying to keep it to 2K. Hell, I think injection alone will have me down for 1K+ by the time I'm done.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

FZR1186

Re: 1125

Post by FZR1186 »

big1 wrote:looking through old post has anyone finished an 1125 and got it up and running . if so has any got anymore information

I have the 1186 kit in my 94. What info are you looking for?

big1
New Poster

Post by big1 »

whats been done to the motor,what carbs your running,what main jets are you using ,how many miles has it done whats horse power have you got cheers