ducati clutch master cylinder

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
Sambuca1
New Poster

ducati clutch master cylinder

Post by Sambuca1 »

OK it seemed like a good idea they look really cool but I think the piston is too small. Has anyone ever used one of these on a 87 fzr or should I just give up as I can't get it to pressurize.<br>THANKS <p></p><i></i>

flyingcircus68
Veteran Poster

Re: ducati clutch master cylinder

Post by flyingcircus68 »

You could try using a mighty vac tool to pull the fluid through or you could allow gravity to feed it in over a few hours. A smaller piston would not be a problem as long as it displaces enought fluid to disengage. My lever disengages the clutch with less than half it travel which means a smaller piston would do the task. It would make it more prone to clutch drag if the plates end up warping, but you probably baby it, right? <p></p><i></i>

ChuckD
Veteran Poster

Ultimate Clutch

Post by ChuckD »

I have found that to get the best feel and engagement/dis, you must go all the way. Rubber lines can only last so long, not to mention crush washers that may have been comprimised. Spend the time and do it right. First tear apart your master cylinder and see if it's leaking air anywhere (rebuild kits are available for roughly $20.00), Next get new a line (stainless steel or goodridge lines will work), before removing the old line attach the new line to it (ziptie or anything of the sort) so you can fish the new line through the frame. DANGER BRAKE FLUID GETS EVERYWHERE UNLESS YOU WRAP THE BANJOS OR PUT IN RED PLUGS!!!!!. You should also get a upper bleeder bolt, this will allow you to bleed from both the top and botton, getting ALL air out of the system. Once you have installed your new line, rebuild kit if needed, new crush washers, and upper bajo blot w bleeder, you should have the best feeling clutch your Yamaha has to offer, that is assuming your clutch pack is decent. As to using a ducati MC, don't even think about it, they have the worst system and teh Slave Cyl is always going out. Good luck and if any of this seems a little too much to do at home, then I would recomend getting a pro to do it, the last thing you want, is your clutch to malfunction at high RPM's and the only person you have to blame is yourself .<br><br>Chuck D. <p></p><i></i>

Sambuca1
New Poster

ducati clutch

Post by Sambuca1 »

OK what I have is a Brembo/Ducati clutch master cylinder ass.from a 996 .I have a steel line and am using <br>the stock FZR slave cyl.The broblem seems to be the Brembo has a smaller piston. Will that matter?<br>thanks for input.<br>Gord <p></p><i></i>

ChuckD
Veteran Poster

Clutching it

Post by ChuckD »

I'll check stock dia on Yam(Nissan) MC and Duc MC. Let you know the details.<br>Chuck D. <p></p><i></i>

Sambuca1
New Poster

master cylinder

Post by Sambuca1 »

Is the slave cylinder on 94 the same as the 87? I noticed an adjustment screw for the plunger should I turn in or out?<br>THANKS <p></p><i></i>