air cleaner box mod

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
gnasher

air cleaner box mod

Post by gnasher »

I have a vauge recolection of a mod to the air box by way of drilling holes in it. I cant recall where i saw it .can anyone shed a little light on the subject.<br>thanks <p></p><i></i>

bikeazoid
New Poster

funny you ask

Post by bikeazoid »

i keep all fzr1000 jetting advise in a word file, and keep it close to my heart. below are two posts from members from a few months agow<br><br>first post<br><br>I have a 1990 FZR 1000 with a dynojet stage one jet kit, K&N filter and a Vance and Hines slip-on. Does anyone know the baseline settings for this jet kit i.e. main jet size,e-clip position on needle. Also on the needle does the large white plastic washer go above the e-clip or below? Has anyone found any performance gains by removing the air box lid and increasing main jet size and/or raising the needle. thanks Tony <br><br>then this<br><br>Hi I have the same bike with the same mods. What I did was remove the airbox lid and drill 4 3/4 inch holes in the bottom of the airbox to take advantage of the cold air intake. I replaced the 124 mains with 132s andlowered the needles one notch and turned the mixture screws out 3 1/2 turns. It seems to have more power everywhere and it sounds better too.Also on mine the plastic washers are below the e-clip. tony <br><br>zoid <p></p><i></i>