EXUP handlebars

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
scoexup

EXUP handlebars

Post by scoexup »

Guys,<br> The bars on my 89 1000 EXUP keep coming loose,the circlip comes out of the groove and then loosens the bar,not a nice feeling,any ideas of how to clamp it all up tightly again,everything is torqued up as per manual.<br> Cheers <p></p><i></i>

Cosmo007
Regular Poster

Use more force!

Post by Cosmo007 »

Just kidding. Try using lock-tight or some other thread locker and keep following the recommended torque settings. <p></p><i></i>

LC130LOAD1
New Poster

info

Post by LC130LOAD1 »

What part of the handlebar is loose?<br><br>Is it the handgrip?<br><br>Is it the actual handlebar?<br><br>Is it the handlebar mount?<br><br>The "handlebar" on the FZR1000 is a clip-on style, but it's not a true clip-on. It is bolted onto the upper triple tree clamp.<br><br>The actual handlebar inserts into the handlebar mount.<br>The handlebar mount slips over the fork tube and is bolted to the top triple triple tree clamp/mount.<br><br>The handlebar is threaded and a bolt holds it in place in the handlebar mount. This bolt and/or the handlebar itself may be stripped or be on its way to being stripped.<br>If this is the case you would (to properly fix it) need to replace the bolt and install a helicoil in the threaded end of the handlebar or replace the bolt and handlebar.<br><br>If the handlebar mount is moving then you need to check to se if the same stripped out condition as described above exists on the handlebar mount.<br><br>The handlebar mount is secured by a bolt to the upper triple tree clamp. At the bottom of the handlebar mount is a steel circlip that holds the handlebar mount in place at the bottom. There is also a rubber grommet that is between the handbar mount and the circlip. If that rubber grommet is missing it will cause the handlebars to feel loose.<br><br>Go to this webpage and figure out what is loose and let us know. It's the illustrated parts breakdown for the handlebar assembly on a 1990 FZR1000. The 89 and 90 were the same as far as the handlebar mount goes.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://216.37.204.202/Yamaha_OEM/Yamaha ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Use Blue Locktite. Don't use the red. And don't use a thread repair compound. <p></p><i></i>

scoexup

handlebars

Post by scoexup »

sorted it guys,it seems that the groove which holds the circlips has about 13 years of gunge in it.I cleaned that out got some proper circlips,not the Yamaha ones,which have a better thrust area,cured. <p></p><i></i>

LC130LOAD1
New Poster

info

Post by LC130LOAD1 »

That's strange. When I raised my fork tubes up in the triple clamps I tossed the cir-clips on the forks.<br>My handle bars were not loose.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>