Main fuse getting verry hot

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
maxijaz

Main fuse getting verry hot

Post by maxijaz »

Hi All<br>Please i need help. I ran out of answers with my fzr 400 1WG I replaced the battery with a new one as the first cell on the battery went dry, i would fill it up and the water would last like 4 days then the cell is dry again <br>so the battery completely died. I replaced the battery and i was using the bike for +- 2 days then i noticed that the new battery is not charging either, I checked the fuse box and noticed that the main fuse was blown <br>and sort off melted but it was a 20Amp fuse.<br><br>Replaced the fuse with a 30Amp fuse but the fuse gets bloody hot why is this?<br><br>I tested the voltage over my battery @3500 RPM with the lights off it 15.6 volts and with the lights on its 15.3<br>so the regulator is fine.(as the manual says it sould be 15.3)<br><br>Please please do anny one have an answer for me as Iread the manual broken allready.<br><br>please help<br><br> <p></p><i></i>

MadSi
New Poster

Re: Main fuse getting verry hot

Post by MadSi »

Reg sounds high to me. I would have thought a max of 14.4V, sounds like overcharging?? <br> <br>to confirm see this thread:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://pub28.ezboard.com/fexupbrotherho ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Si<br> <br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub28.ezboard.com/bexupbrotherho ... i>MadSi</A> at: 9/4/03 3:22 am<br></i>

maxijaz

new regulator

Post by maxijaz »

Hi thanxs for the advice i went out and baught a new regulator.<br><br>Its charging @ 13.6 with lights off <br> 13.3 lights on <br><br>Is this right? <br> <p></p><i></i>

flyingcircus68
Veteran Poster

Re: new regulator

Post by flyingcircus68 »

It's on the low side of OK. BTW fuses function by getting hot. they are made of a resistive low melt alloy. When the Z portion of the fuse conducts too much current, it can't shed the heat and blows out. What to watch out for is corrosion at the connector. This will a lot of heat but it won't be local to the Z section, so it won't burn out, but instead, start to melt everything else. <p></p><i></i>