quick Q about dynojet/factory

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
cterror
Veteran Poster

quick Q about dynojet/factory

Post by cterror »

As I have never ever installed an dynojet or factory kit to any bike, can anybody inform me about the regular needles vs kit needles.<br><br>how meny positions do regular mikuni38 needles have?<br><br>my needles have 5 positions and i heard that regular ones should only have 3. if my bike is already jetted, i have to think of something else. as i wrote in some post, i have had the bike for 4 year now and its always in past worked just fine (except oil consumption) but as i will have to tear it apart i was going to order one factory kit to go with the enginejob. if it is already jetted, i have to figure out just the best jet sizes.<br><br>thanks in advance <p></p><i></i>

ChuckD
Veteran Poster

Jets

Post by ChuckD »

Stock needles have no adj, they have a preset hight and are press fit into the washer. About jetting, you can do days of digging on thi site and find at least 6 posts from me and many from others, opinions vary, it all depends on what you are going after. I suggest using stock, yes stock jetting, on stock carbs. the 122.5, 125 is great. The needles is where you gotta play w/ it.<br>CHUCK D. <p></p><i></i>

cterror
Veteran Poster

Re: Jets

Post by cterror »

heh. seems that you are right again about the jet sizes. some previous owner has installed 120mainjets and as i swiched to k&n it went seriously lean. i have slowly richened the mixture by rising the neadles with 1/2step, (i have those small plastics that allow me to make 1/2 steps with needles) at a time and driving with the setting a day before making any more adjustments. im currently getting near the highest possible needleposition (1 1/2 steps away) and it seems still a bit lean (throtle response especially from low rpm´s has boosted significantly as i have lifted the needles).... hence ... im shanging the mainjets to 125 and 122,5 and hoping this will solve the problem. -> then to dyno to see the facts<br><br>i wondered about this whole thing and came to a conclusion that the bike must have been jetted with an k&n or similar air-filter, and as owner has changed, someone has put in an ordinary filter as it came to me with original filter but dynojet needles.<br><br>thanks anyway chuck <p></p><i></i>