fz 700 bearing

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
lightning911

fz 700 bearing

Post by lightning911 »

just wondering if anyone knows how much trouble it is to change the outer bearing at the front sprocket on an 87 fz 700 thank you <p></p><i></i>

flyingcircus68
Veteran Poster

Re: fz 700 bearing

Post by flyingcircus68 »

Quite a bit of trouble. It entails the following:<br><br>1. yank out the motor<br>2. remove the clutch components<br>3. remove the cams<br>4. remove the head/cylinder<br>5. loosen all the bolts in sequence. Some on top, some on the bottom, some between the connecting rods. <br>6. split the cases<br>7. remove the output shaft <br>8. have the bearing and shaft sleeve pressed off <p></p><i></i>

lightning911

Post by lightning911 »

thank you , let me ask you this the bearing is missing 2 balls out of it,but the shaft is still tight and has no rough spots,how long do you think this will run befor it gives bad trouble <p></p><i></i>

flyingcircus68
Veteran Poster

Post by flyingcircus68 »

I wouldn't ride it before it is repaired. Actually I find it hard to believe that you have two balls missing and it is otherwise holding together. The balls are held in a retainer and run in a race that constrains them very well. They can't just fall out, something has been very persuasive at making them exit. Bear in mind that your life depends on you being able to guide the cycle on the path of least resistance. That would be hard to do with a locked rear tire. <p></p><i></i>

warmachineportugal

Over heating in a 1993 FZR600

Post by warmachineportugal »

HI, i´ve read all the posts, but I have a friend with a problem and maybe you can help me. The bike FZR600 of 1993, has the water of the cooling system in a reservoir located in the back of the motorcycle. The problem is that the water comes out of that reservoir, all water is spitted out by the hole in reservoir, through the breeding hole, while thew engine works. Do you ever heard something like this?Can you help me? I´m sorry for the poor english..... <p></p><i></i>

ChuckD
Veteran Poster

Re: Over heating in a 1993 FZR600

Post by ChuckD »

Too much fluid in the res. The cooling system exchanges fluid between the res and rad. The actual level of fluid needs to be checked under the rad cap (cooled down of course) and the line on the res should never be overfilled. If continues check thermostat switch. Don't worry about the english, my portugese is much worse.<br>CHUCK D. <p></p><i></i>